cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Web As start up with exit code -2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have Web As in my system. I have restarted my system. While starting up of Web AS problem with server0 startup. It is stopped with exit code "-2".Can anybody help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exit code -2 means there is a problem with initializing the JVM. Search for any error messages in std_server0.out dev_server0 and jvm_server0. Most likely you will see that the JVM cannot reserve enough heap. If you encounter such an error message make sure the maximum java heap corresponds to the memory available on your system.

Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Myriana,

Your answer sounds better. But where can i find those log files and How to set java heap to the memory available. Do i need any calculations for that. So pls send me all the related information regarding this.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Launch configtool.bat lying under the path C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\configtool, where on selecting the server node you can set the heap size. Try setting the -Xmx1024 and -Xms1024. Also increase the virtual memory of the system.

To know more refer SAP Note 723909.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhogi

I am not sure about KB911562 but if you have applied 921883 you need to get KB 924054 to fix it

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you check if MS hotfix 921883 is installed on your system

Thanks

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theo,

Hotfix for MDAC 2.81(KB911562) is installed in my System. Is there any problem with that. What i have to do now to fix the issue.Pls help me out to fix the issue.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The log files i mentioned can be found in /usr/sap/<SID>/<instanceID>/work/

As for the java heap settings, if you see in the log files the error "cannot reserve enough space for object heap" then you need to lower the values of -Xmx and -Xms JVM options, via configtool.

See

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/00/3ca3e81b5a4c749b860ab1ed1fb206/content.htm

Greetings, Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Provide details on version of WAS, Java, RAM Capacity, etc. to enable answer your query.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Web AS version is 6.40

Java : j2sdk1.4.2_08

RAM capacity : 3 GB

This is the configuration of my System.Pls help me out to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check if the Java Heap size is less than 512MB in the server startup parameters.

Re-Check the virtual memory/Page memory size and restart the system and then the server.

and check your Java Home Variable too...

Regards

Arun.