cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 3.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm new to TDMS. We are going to install it in our systems. Till now what i bag the info regarding TDMS is like

Eg: Central/Control system = TDMS

Sender System = ECC 6.0

Receiver = Solution Manager ( I'm Not sure of the version )

OS is Windows 2008 R2 : DB is MS Sql 2008

I refered so many guides regarding TDMS Installation in SMP . Its bit confusing for me.

Can any TDMS Gurus please eloborate the process how to start from first to last. Or else is there any step by step

TDMS 3.0 Installation

Thanks & Regards

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, its possible to have the same system as sender and central system.

However, there will be more load on this system as the number of jobs scheduled will be high (combination of jobs for sender + central system).

Thanks and Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We installed TDMS in the sender system. we are treating it as also a Central system. We take the export of it and now i will be importing in the reciver. So this is 2 System landscape.

Kindly does know what further steps need to be done.

1. What is the impact on both the servers ?

2. Will it create the RFC Connections automatically ?? Or do we need to be done in manually ?

3. Insted of doing shell creation we take an export from sender , can we import it into reciver system ??

Thanks

Raghu

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Please find the answers below:

1. What is the impact on both the servers ?

-> There's no impact as such. TDMS will transfer the data from the sender to the receiver system using RFC connections.

There will be jobs scheduled on both these servers.

2. Will it create the RFC Connections automatically ?? Or do we need to be done in manually ?

-> For TDMS execution, you need to create and sepcify the RFC destination using activity "define RFC settings" in "Technical Settings" phase of TDMS process tree.

3. Insted of doing shell creation we take an export from sender , can we import it into reciver system ??

-> The main pre-requisite of TDMS is to have same repository on sender and receiver side.

We recommend to use TDMS shell creation or System copy to bring the repository in synch.

If you can do so by import and export method, it should be ok.

Thanks and Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. All your answers were very helpfull.

Solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install TDMS ADD-on's as per installation guide on central, sender and receiver system. After that create package in your control system and do the data transfer. But you need to do lot of optimization to fine tune the data transfer timings.

Also, TDMS 4.0 is there, so, install TDMS 4.0 instead of TDMS 3.0

If you have any specific doubts then please let us know.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

He can't go for TDMS 4.0 unless they go for Ramp-up, so better to stick with TDMS 3.0.

Install sender/receiver and controller, you can use your soluman system as controller.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Ramesh Annam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. Your replies are very helpful

I installed TDMS 3.0 in the Sender system. I Done with the Installation , Addon & Ext . Can any one please help me how to configure and what Transactions do i need to be use. It will be very helpfull to me if you provide me the Configuration Guide.

Thanks & Regards

Raghu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Is there any possibility for 2 System landscape in TDMS ??

I mean can we take Sender & Control systems as one & Receiver should be another.

Can we proceed like this ????

Regards

Raghu

Edited by: raghuhexaware on Dec 12, 2011 4:07 AM