cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting change to a different bin confirms only one position with flag set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm triying to se the system in the folllowing way:

When doing a posting change to a different storage bin I want NONE of the two positions to be confirmed automatically while not setting the flag for confirm it.

If I set the flag confirm I want the TO to be confirmed completely The two positions.

I achieved the first part by setting the flags for confirming entries and exits from ST 922 (the interim Storage for transfers).

But, when I confirm the TO .setting the flag confirm, only one position is confirmed, I have to use LT12 to confirm enterely the TO.

I don't want to use LT12 to confirm the TO, any suggestion?

Thanks,

AL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean to say that you wanted to confirm the first line item on a TO that has 2 items on it?

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anandha for responding the issue.

I have only one item. the two positions are one for transfer from 504 one Storage type to the interim 922 (transfer storage type) and the second position from the 922 to 504 but a different Storage bin.

After doing the posting change with LT05 and setting the flag of confirmation I need to go to LT12 because the transfer is not confirmed completely, the second position is confirmed but the first position is still unconfirmed.

I hope this clarify a little bit.

Thank you,

Al

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Al

Now I understand where it is going wrong. When you do a transfer posting in IM it should trigger a PCN. Check the material document display in IM. Make sure that the mvt type that you created for 921 has the shipment type U in OMKZ. TR is not required in this case. The PCN that gets created during IM posting should be converted into a TO. While processing the system would ask which bin should be moved from the quant list. The TO will be created from ST 502 bin A1 to ST 917 bin QUALITY. Now the stock will be displayed as quality restricted in both MMBE and LS26. Create another TO using LT01 using mvt type 999 and move the stock in quality from ST 917 bin QUALITY to the ST 502 bin A2. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha, sorry for answering so late but I was busy with other tasks. I have check the mov 921 and the shipment type is U.

I have done many tests for posting changes and I donu2019t know if there is a solution using the SAP standard.

I just realize that the confirmation flag for the TO is only for one item, always the second one (from the interim 922 to the ST 504 bin 01-01). The first item (504 bin 01-02 to 922) is not showed so is not possible to confirm it.

Iu2019m Sorry because in your first answer ask me if I had two items. I thought you were asking for two different materials. Taking a look at the help focusing to the confirm check box I understood that only one of the items were confirmed.

I hope this may help you to understand what I am trying to do.

Thank You very much,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

I conclude that my configuration (confirm putaway and removal from Type storage setting) is not compatible with confirming the TO from LT05 or LU04 manually or inmediate.

The first item is confirmed automatically when creating the OTO only if the flags for confirming the putaway and stock removal are NOT set (for the storage type LE@warehouse Management@activities@confirmation@ Storage Type).

The second item may be confirmed if we set the flag for confirmation during the TO creation.

Thank you for helping,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

I conclude that my configuration (confirm putaway and removal from Type storage setting) is not compatible with confirming the TO from LT05 or LU04 manually or inmediate.

The first item is confirmed automatically when creating the OTO only if the flags for confirming the putaway and stock removal are NOT set (for the storage type LE@warehouse Management@activities@confirmation@ Storage Type).

The second item may be confirmed if we set the flag for confirmation during the TO creation.

Thank you for helping,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok what is the mvt type that you used while creating the posting change notice? Generally we create PCN, when we do a transfer posting between unrestricted to quality(321/322) or vice-versa, material to material transfer(309) etc. May be you can consider 'Post to same bin' for the mvt type that you creating a PCN'

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using mov 921,922 (quality to unrestricted use and viceversa).I can not use the same bin because the Storage Type do not alow mix starage.

I'm using mov 321 and 322 in IM this creates a TR. and then we create a TO. (using LU04 or LT05).

Thanks,

Al

Edited by: agmogena on Dec 14, 2011 12:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Al still I am not clear why you doing a posting change when you are transferring stock from one bin to interim and interim to another bin in the same storage type. If you skip the interim and see the process it looks like a bin to bin transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem is that the storage type does not allow mix storage, then, when doing a posting change to a different storage bin there is a short time that the material is not moved physically and the OT is not confirmed yet, at this moment the origin storage bin is free for storage for the system, so if we have a new material for putaway the system can offer this storage bin as free for storage but in fact is still occupied by the material we wanted to do the posting change.

This is the reason because I want the OT not confirmed at all untill the material is moved phisically.

I managed to create the TO with LU04 and none of the positions are confirmed.

But if I use LT05 to create the TO in foreground and setting the flag for confirming the TO remains open. If take a look with LT21 we can see at the tab Src data the first position ST 504 (color red, not confimed) and the raw below ST 922 (TR-Zone) in green color.

For the Dest Data tab we can see ST 922 (TR-zone) red color and ST 504 green color.

If I take a look with LT12 I see the first position as NOT confirmed 504->922

the second position 922->504 as confirmed.

I hope this clarify the issue.

Thanks,

Al