cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job in APO does not start because of invalid user name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a macro in a planning book and the /sapapo/cons_check program which a triggered via a background job. Now, I have problems with the start of the job:

At the time the job was created inside SAP, an error occured. The job contains invalid values.

The user name within the job does not exist any more.

Now, I try to change the user name of the job (via step in sm37), but the error occured again.

I have the possibility to create the invalid user name once again in su01.

But I want to change the user name of the job - does somebody know how to do it?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz

This can be done thru SM37 (not thru SM36).

Please follow below steps -

-- Goto SM37.

-- Select the Job Name with Job Status "Scheduled"

-- Select the job and then From "Job" Menu, select Change menu option. (or Press Control+F11)

-- Click on Step Button in Change Job Screen

-- Keep you mouse pointer on the step which you want to change, Hit Pencil Button

-- This will open Edit Step screen, Change the User Name here.

-- Click Save.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinz,

The job that needs to be changed may be one that you have overlooked due to the fact that it is scheduled by an event rather than by time. Also check if the job is being created by a process chain. If by a process chain, you will need to create a new process chain with a valid userid.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your help. I try to execute your proposal with sm37.

It is possible to change the executers' name via sm37 -> Steps...

I can save this change and the user name is changed. But when running the job is still running with the older user name although I have changed it.

I cannot explain this issue.....

Now, I re-create the older user via su01 - so the user who executs the job is existing now.

But I wonder why the user name change via sm37 does not work correctly.

Kind regards

Heinz

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz, this looks surprising.

It's quite easy to change the user name in the SM37 job step, and we haven't faced issues with this.

Could you check how many jobs are in either "scheduled" or in "released" status, and change steps for all of them? May be you changed the scheduled job, but the released job wasn't changed.

Use your job name and give a search date as 1-2 years in the past, and around 1 month in the future. With this time horizon, you should most likely be able to capture all the relevant jobs having the same name that you are using.

Now change the user name in step for all the jobs received above to be fully sure.

One more trial could be to copy the current scheduled job to another job, modify the user name in this newly created job and then delete the old one.

One of the above trials might possibly help you in some way, else its very tough to understand/explain your situation.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

Please follow the below process:

1. Go to transaction SM36

2. Give the Job Name

3.Click on the Step button

4. The first text box is for User whose ID will be used in running that step.

5. Change that ID to that of an existing User who has necessary authorization.

Hope This helps!!!

Regards,

Jatin