Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise on Raw Material Sales

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where my client is selling Raw Material which he has purchased for Production but due to some reason the same is sold.

When they are selling the raw material then they are charging only those exicse amount which is paid during Purcahse, for example

Purchase Price: 1000 INR

Excise( @ 10.3%) 103

Sale Price: 2000

Excise will be only 103 not 10.3% of 2000

So my query is how can I input the amount of excise during VF01 because in VF01 system will pick 10, 2 & 1 as maintained in VK11,

At the time of creating excise Invoice I can fetch the corresponding invoice.

So please guide me how this can be done.

PS: We are not creating separate pricing procedure for RM Sales

Br,Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested in the link, just maintain Rs.1000/- for that material in J1ID. Irrespective of your selling price, system will fetch duty only for this Rs.1000/-

G. Lakshmipathi

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your input.

We have make Excise Condition Type as Statistical, so the ED is not charged to customer and at the time of creating Excise Invoice in j1IIN system gives me the option to choose its Incoming Excise Invoice, Select The line--> Get Excise Invoice, it will update the excise but the amount for which Credit We have already taken.

This is how we have solved the issue..

Thanks!!

Regards,

Vivek Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your input.

We have make Excise Condition Type as Statistical, so the ED is not charged to customer and at the time of creating Excise Invoice in j1IIN system gives me the option to choose its Incoming Excise Invoice, Select The line--> Get Excise Invoice, it will update the excise but the amount for which Credit We have already taken.

This is how we have solved the issue..

Thanks!!

Regards,

Vivek Srivastava

Dear Vivek

Greetings!!

With reference to your above post i am sending my query to you which is same as mentioned by you above

could you please guide me on this

1) where is setting in J1iin to select incoming excise invoice

2) how did you maintain j1id for raw material

3) what about RG1 as we are selling raw material

can u please revert me on the above issue

Looking forward to reply from you.

Warm Regards,

Kabir Shelke

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Here is the answers of your queries:

1) where is setting in J1iin to select incoming excise invoice

In J1IIN when your enter the billing document and Date and press enter it will show you main screen on this screen there is a button "Get Excise Invoice" , select your line Item and the Click on this button it will show you all Incoming invoice for the material.

2) how did you maintain j1id for raw material

In J1ID Raw Material will be maintained as Raw Material there is no need to change any setting there

3) what about RG1 as we are selling raw material

RG1 have the information of Finished Good, where as Raw Material is not par of FG so no entry in RG1.

hope it is clear to you...

br,Vivek

Edited by: View_taurian on Dec 30, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer one of the earlier post by Lakshmipathi in 2008

-

Regards

JP

Wow! most of the time, effort for search can get you results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Specify one another condition type for purchase price in v/08 and set it as statistical.

Then calculate Excise conditions on that purchase price condition.

EX:

ZPRG (Purchasing price)-1000 set it as statistical

BED-10.3%

CESS-2%

H-CESS-1%

Thank you,

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

This means that do I need to create separate Pricing procedure for Raw Material Sales?

Please help.

Br,Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Its Not necessary to create another pricing procedure.The problem will be solved if you just add a condition type to existed pricing procedure.

Ex:

Step Counter Condition type

10 0 PR00(Basic Sales price)

15 0 ZPRG(Purchasing price)----- statistical

20 0 Z007(Discount)

As i specified above you insert a condition type and set statistical to that purchasing condition for already existed pricing procedure.

Note Maintaining separate pricing procedure is un necessary and complexity.if you go for new procedure then we have to create separate document type. If you do this process daily then you can move to separate procedure,if you do it rarely(selling raw material) then this is the best way.

Let me know for further clarification

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive this by writing a formula in your SD pricing procedure.Write a formula against your Asses Value in such way that it should calculate on purchase price.Take help of Excise table J_1IEXCDTL table.It conatian the base value for GRPO ETT.On basis of these values your duties will be calculated.

Regards

Rajev