cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when doing System copy Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Im doing homogeneous system copy on solution manager 4.0 SR3, DB is MS SQL2005 .But during EXPORT ABAP PHASE im getting the following error .Im attaching both SAPINST.log and R3szchkExport.log

SAPINST.log

ERROR 2011-12-04 17:52:37.62

CJS-30023 Process call 'E:\usr\sap\EKP\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\R3szchk.exe -p E:\export\ABAP\DATA -l R3szchkExport.log -s DB -t mss EKP 700 -f E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAP0000.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPAPPL0.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPAPPL1.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPAPPL2.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPCLUST.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPDDIM.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPDFACT.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPDODS.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPPOOL.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSDIC.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSDOCU.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSLEXC.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSLOAD.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSPROT.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSSEXC.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPSSRC.STR E:\export\ABAP\DATA\SAPUSER.STR' exits with error code 1. For details see log file(s) R3szchkExport.log.

ERROR 2011-12-04 17:52:37.93

FCO-00011 The step runR3szchk with step key |NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3szchk was executed with status ERROR .

R3szchkExport.log

ERROR: couldn't connect to DB

rc = 8192

I tried applying latest R3szchk patch too....!!

Plz help me out.......Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sql server and agent services are up and running.

Regards

Emil

Edited by: itz2886 on Dec 5, 2011 9:34 AM

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do ensure sql server and agent services are up and running.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sql server and agent services are up and running.

Regards

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you run the command 'R3trans -d' and check if the database connectivity is fine.?

Check the trans.log created for issues during DB connectivity.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to check the DB connectivity using R3trans -d, this is what i got i when run the command.

C:\Documents and Settings\ekpadm>R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.14 (release 700 - 15.06.07 - 15:50:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans finished (0000).

i couldn't find the file trans.log

Regards

Emil

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The trans log is generated on the directory where you issue the R3trans -d command.

eg: you open the cmd:: C:\Retrans -d

and the trans log is generated at C:\

If R3trans -d return 0000, nothing wrong with SAP connectivity to database.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i suggest you to stop sapinst. delete and create and the export dump directory, remove sapinst_dir. Apply latest R3*

And ensure you can access to SAP successfully. Restart your system export with SAPINST. Dont shutdown SAP until SAPINST prompts you to do so.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried out what u have told, still im getting the same error.

Regards

Emil Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per suggested earlier also by Nic can you please stop the sapinst . Clear all the sapinst log . Restart the system . Login into the system.

Check the env variables

DIR_LIBRARY = /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run

LIBPATH=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/uc/rs6000_64

Start the new SAPINST with new options. Do not stop the system . SAPINST will do it automatically or suggest you to stop the system as per requirement.

It may help you.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems you have kept the database 'down'.

Database should remain UP during the Export, only the sap application may go down.

Thanks