cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria client for Blackberry

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Afaria Blackberry client and installed in the device, but the device cannot able to reach Afaria Server it says Disconnecting Error Occured See Messages. It was working well in Simulator. I have proper Data Plan. Kindly help me to resolve the issue

Regards

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using your corporate BES Server?

if yes, whether your corporate BES Server & Afaria Server is in the same network? Are you able to telnet Afaria xnet port from your BES Server?

If no, whether your Afaria Server exposed to external world? Are you using Public IP or Relay Server or Port Forwarding to expose the server. IS your device configured with relavent configuration?

Regards,

NLN

0 Kudos

Hi,

I resolved the issue by the changing the connection type to MDS. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you please tell me from where we can change the connection type to MDS, as i am also encountering the same issue.

I am using the Afaria 6.6 & i am trying to configure the configuration manager channel to deploy & run the afaria client on the Blackberry device emulator & i am not able to send the outbound notification from server to the device emulator though i can run & connect it on device explicitly.

Appreciate for your reply.

Regards,

Shrikant

0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Am not sure whether we can get notifications in emulator, whereas in real device you can get notifications via SMS or SMTP which ever you configured in Afaria Administrator.

The MDS connection will be required when you tried to connect Afaria from real device. While creating Afaria Client for Blackberry, there will be optional connection string entry which is available in the GUI. You have to mention the below string there

socket://<ip address>:<port>;deviceside=false;connectionType=mds-public.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ! Praveen Kumar,
Im having the same issue about the String Connect,

but im still having the same problem for the conection to afaria from my blackberry device.

Server:port : xnet://x.x.x.x:3007
channel name : /bb

farm id: afaria

prefix:

Connect String : ?

Thank you ! for your timel    

But the way , im having the message

"Failed to connect to x.x.x.x"

Disconnecting.

0 Kudos

Hi Gian,

Are you using Relay Server for Connecting BB devices with Afaria?

Kindly use "socket://<ip address>:<port>;deviceside=false;connectionType=mds-public" in your Connect String.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the blackberry's Afaria Setup Screen there are 04 input parameters, check the image :

When you "Connect String", are you referring to the fifth parameter?, so should i enter this format ?

Server Port :
Channel Name : /BB

Farm ID :

Prefix :
Connect String : xnet://64.76.107.75:3007;deviceside=false;connectionType=mds-public

Is that Right ?

Thank you very much !

0 Kudos

Hi Gian,

Instead of xnet you need to specify socket

Connect String:socket://64.76.107.75:3007;deviceSide=false;ConnectionType=mds-public

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you write me an example ?

Server Port :  ?
Channel Name :  ?

Farm ID : ?

Prefix :  ?
Connect String :  ?

Thank You very much !

0 Kudos

Hi Gian,

server port: xnet:<your ip address>:<your port>

Channel Name: <afaria blackberry channel  name>

Farm id:

Prefix:

Connect String:socket://<your ip address>:<your port>;deviceSide=false;ConnectionType=mds-public

Hope this helps for you

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You  Kumar.

Right Now it's working properly the device connection to afaria server.

But I still having an issue, each time i try to "enroll" the device,

appears a pop up message displaying "Error HTTP 400".

Can you suggest any solution ?

Thank You Again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you get an Afaria Client for Blackberry 10 - my company requires me to install this application in order to get Outlook Email and Calendar to my phone. I use Microsoft ActiveSync and there is no client for a Blackberry which is a sad thing.

I just purchased a Blackberry Q10 and I have 10.1 OS on it. I was able to use my email for awhile but my company has a policy that does not allow any syncing unless Afaria Client was installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care,

Donna