Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Checkout Files from the DTR.

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created a DC from DTR. I am unable to Edit Files in that DC. When I try to edit a file in the DC, I get a popup with a cancel button.

The error shown in the popup is

The operation can only be performed if the following objects are writable:The project is not in the repository, but there are some read-only files

Component Controller com.jindal.spo.had.hmd.dcsa.newagrcomp.NewAgrComp

Read-only: D:\Users\bohramx\Desktop\nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP02-PAT0001-win32\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\DCs\jindal.spo\it\ca\esales\web\newagrmnt\_comp\src\packages\com\aramco\sao\had\hmd\dcsa\newagrcomp\NewAgrComp.wdcontroller.xlf

Read-only: D:\Users\bohramx\Desktop\nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP02-PAT0001-win32\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\DCs\jindal.spo\it\ca\esales\web\newagrmnt\_comp\src\packages\com\aramco\sao\had\hmd\dcsa\newagrcomp\NewAgrComp.wdcontroller

Screenshot of the error is given at [Unable to Checkout Files from the DTR|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com/2011/12/read-only-files-in-repository-how-to.html]

Thanks !

seventyros

[Learn SAP Online|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com]

Edited by: seventyros on Dec 4, 2011 8:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DTR perspective, right click on the DC then select SYNC TO and sync the DC to the latest version (with no issues). Build the project.

This worked

Cheers,

Samba

satish_kumar106
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this option as well

In DTR prespective, go to inactive -> <Project_Name> -> gen_wdp.

Right click on gen_wdp -> Edit -> Files in the Subtree.

Regards,

Satish S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi seve,

You can assign DI ADMIN ,DI DEVELOPER ROLE to your portal user,so that you can rights to modify the dc , without both roles you can not check out .

Hope this is help to you,

Thanks&Regards

CBR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

You may also want to go to your NWDI view and delete your DC (entirely) from your desktop.

Then check the DC out.

Regards

yuval peery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the same issue before. Jus remove the track & delete the work space. Restart the NWDS. This worked for me.

Regards,