cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to use SAPServer Class with load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use the SAPServer Class from SAP .Net Connector 1.0.

On our system, we want to start the RFC Server to use the logon group.

I didn't find how to use ServerMessage and LogonGroup with one of constructors.

When we start the SAPServer with the command line -aUSER -gBEAUSR201 -xsapgw10 from the DB server (BEAUSR201) it's Ok,

but when we start from one of our application Server (for example -aUSER -gBEAUSR213 -xsapgw13 ) it's KO

we have this message on the trc file.

• ERROR file opened at 20041125 084739 Paris, Madrid, SAP-REL 620,0,1622 RFC-VER 3 683864 MT-SL

T:13188 ======> Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TPNAME=USER, GWHOST=BEAUSR214, GWSERV=3314

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR hostname 'BEAUSR214' unknown

TIME Thu Nov 25 08:47:39 2004

RELEASE 620

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 36

RC -2

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 385

DETAIL NiPHostToAddr

SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname

COUNTER 1

What is the solution ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message server and Logon group are there for balancing the load among application servers within a SAP system. You are using the SAPServer class to implement an external RFC server that usually serves the request from SAP servers. So using message server and logon group with an external server doesn't make sense.

I understand that both your DB server and the application server in question are Windows machine with .NET runtime installed and you started the SAPServer programs directly from Windows command line. If so, the error message for the KO case says that the hostname BEAUSR214 could not be resolved from the application server. I also noticed that the hostname BEAUSR214 in error message doesn't match the hostname BEAUSR213 given in command line.

Can you ping BEAUSR213 or BEAUSR214 from the application server in concern?

Regards,

Guangwei Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Li,

The application server haven't been declare on WINS and DNS, so we couldn't ping them. After the declaration, all is right.

Regards,

Thanks