cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently have a sales document type ZSR for scrapping materials. This is a text item. I want this document to be PGI'd, however, you cannot PGI a text item, so I was thinking of switching this document to a standard or non-stock,

What are the repercussions of switching this sales document type from a text item to a standard item or a non-stock item?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess Switching document type will not help

Check your TEXT Item category in VOV7 Item is relevant for delivery or not

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The item is relevant for delivery. The underlying reason for needing this item PGI'd is that we would like delivery to be completed prior to the invoice being posted. We would like to avoid using an invoice block. I thought that if we treated it as a different item, it would be possible to do so. But was worried about possible repercussions we would face switching this item from a text item to a non-text item. Any more help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing Sales Order Type will not make a difference or solve your problem. As the changes need to be done at the item level.

Making the test item relevant for delivery will copy it to the delivery, again no PGI will occur. Use the standard Item category with movement type 551.

If you are just reducing stock & dont need to scrap it or have a cost center, you might have to tweak the movement type or use MT 562

Former Member
0 Kudos

Missed spoke earlier, this is a Sales Order Type, maintained in VOV8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dustin,

whether a material will be relevant for delivery or not, is defined by ITEM CATEGORY. check your concern item category in VOV7 and mark this item category as delivery relevance.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan