cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does SAP support GS1 coupons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I've been digging around various places (SAP Help, SDN, sandbox environments) attempting to find information on how SAP handles (or maybe does not handle) GS1 coupon formats. The GS1 coupon format contains up to 36 required digits with the ability to increase to 70 digits if optional data is included in the barcode. I've read a lot of the information out here relative to GS1, but have not been able to find anything that discusses GS1 application for coupons and maintaining them in an ERP system. I have gone through our sandbox (605) and reviewed relevant data for COUP article types and tried to determine if the functionality is contained specific to the article type, but it does not appear to be. If anyone can direct me to some information, or if you have similar question/issue, I'd like to hear from you.

I appreciate any info.

Sincerely,

Corey Merlino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corey:

There is no global GS1 Standard for Coupons. I believe what you are refering to is the GS1 US regional standard for databar.

The Digital Coupons Standards Work Group is developing the first global standard and will provide advice for integration of the digital coupon process including identification and attribute information.

The work group scope can be found on the GS1 website at http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/community/working_groups/gsmp#b2c

The aim is to have an approved standard by June 2012.

Best regards,

Cameron Green (B2C Director, GS1 Global)