Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with system copy 720_2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Nice one here,

I am carrying out a homogenous system copy with SAP 720_2 and oracle 11.2.0.2.3. Everything is fine until the next step after the restore has completed. For some reason when the command file "ora_scr_tmp.sql" is generated, the coder has insisted that a semi-colon ( must be placed after "exit". Unfortunately SQLPLUS does not need this ; here, and worse still it actually causes and error and the only option is to retry. To make matters even more aggravating, the file is regenerated on each retry, so removing the unneccessary and troublesome ; has absolutely no effect. Can anyone point me in the direction of file where I can change the state from ERR to SUCCESS so the system copy can continue.??? I feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel at the moment.

Thanks Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Do the following

1) Stop the sappinst.

2) look out of file keydb.xml in the installation log directory. Search for "ERROR"

Replace it with "OK". Save the file.

3) Re-run sapinst with following option

./sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

This will skip the step in which error has appeared and it continues to next step.

Incase your database is up and running, you can repeat above steps until it clears all the database related post processing steps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant Deepak,

Thank-you so much, your instructions have worked. I knew there was a file I needed to edit, I just couldn't remember what it was.

For info: SQLPLUS will not recognize the exit command if it is immediately followed by a ";". The ora_scr_tmp.sql script is regenerated when selecting retry, so unless you are able to determine how the script is created and change that script you will always get the same error.

Analysis of all the sql logs from the database creation step showed that every other sqlplus command had completed sucessfully (and I did run them all manually just to make sure they weren't causing an issue).

many thanks to all of you for your rapid responses.

Maria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you paste the error lines of sapinst_dev.log and also the output log of the action .

( is expected and should work fine .

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try without "exit" ?

Simply the "CREATE CONTROLFILE.." in it (with semicolon) ?

Volker