cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARCH wait on SENDREQ - transfer of redos between primary and standby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers all,

I am new on this forum, so please redirect my post if it does not belong in here.

I recently received a report from SAP that is saying that on my system, I might have a possible bottleneck:

ARCH wait on SENDREQ

Transferring archive log files to standby DB should be checked, because about 86% of the processing time is being spent to send archive logfiles from primary DB to standby DB. Wait class "Network" was consuming significant database time (86% impact [22312 seconds]).

How is it possible to check and fix this issue ? ANy ideas ?

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

the wait event "ARCH wait on SENDREQ" is described as the following: "This wait event monitors the amount of time spent by all archiver processes to write archive logs to the local disk as well as write them remotely."

So you are not using the LGWR to transport the redo stream - so in this case there is nearly no impact on performance.

For detailed information check this documentation: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/log_transport.htm#i1268542

Where did you get this report from or better said who wrote it?

If it is the EWA forget it ... to verify this issue please provide an AWR report to have a closer look into this task.

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/awrrpt

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I can run this report (@?/rdbms/admin/awrrpt) without any impact on the system, right ?

Yes, it was part from EWA , part from Oracle admin.

Thanks for your reply.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

yes you can run the AWR generation script without any impact on the system. You will be asked to define some time frames and then a report (text or html) is generated.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan, will try it

Answers (0)