cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodicity of Transport Changes to the Production System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Since some years ago, we have been having some problems regarding the transport of change requests to the production system.

So, I would like to know what is the periodicity to transport changes to the production system in your companies?

Do you have a downtime to transport it?! Or is it done with the system running?!

Thanks so much in advance,

Dany Anderson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Best time to move transports to Production is non-business hours, usually night time. You don't need to lock users unless there is a requirement.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i said "downtime" would be without users online in order to avoid being transporting some objects which can be being used by a process.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres no rules on transports strategy, you should build you own according to your development schedule and landscape complexity.

If you have a transport that will affect running transactions/reports then you need to wait for a quiet time (when no one is using the affected code). Some companies have policies/schedules for importing transports into production some are done on demand.

Its up to you.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i said "downtime" would be without users online in order to avoid being transporting some objects which can be being used by a process.

Ahh ok Dany, now I get it.

So to avoid users online we don't move the transports into production during business hours.

Let's see what other techies have to say.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Do you have a downtime to transport it?! Or is it done with the system running?!

First of all, transport are not to be moved when SAP is down.

Frequency, you can keep daily night time or weekend (Friday night, for e.g.).

For one client we have 'daily night' periodicity and for another we have Friday night for Production.

Thanks