cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB and SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers:

We find that LMDB is very slow to retrieve info from our central SLD.

Our SMD agent can access the same central SLD very quickly.

How can we let SMD to feed LMDB the info retrieved from the enterprise central SLD?

I appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helen,

You can increase the frequency of the job SAP_LMDB_LDB* to 30 mins if you need quick synchronisation between sld & LMDB.

Just reschedule this job to 30 mins... It will then retrieve data very quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you!

I have a question is that since LMDB, ISagent and SMD agent all retrieve the info from the central SLD,

can it be confugred in a way that only one time retrieval (e.g. by SMD agent) is scheduled , then the info

is shared by LMDB?

Regards.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it is not possible. LMDB will get data from SLD only.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helen " Technically, LMDB is the ABAP complement of SLD in Java. SLD and LMDB cooperate via a

connection to synchronize contents, using the same principle as the synchronization between two SLD

systems. All data which is already in a connected SLD can therefore be read from LMDB."..

Helen as I suggested you can increase the frequency of the job which perform synchronisation between sld & LMDB.

Please let me know what is the issue you are currently having so that I provide you a solution.

former_member196353
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a quick question related to Solution manager diagnostics, We have configured SMD on Solution Manager 7.0 and configured Solution Manager Diagnostics now we are planning to implement Solution Manager 7.1 and use Solution Manager diagnostics in 7.1 and leave 7.0.

My question is can we use the SMD agents (managed Systems Or Satellite) that we installed on 7.0 to work with configurations of 7.1? Is it possible to use Solution Manager Diagnostics data coming from managed systems to send two solution Managers 7.0 and 7.1 respectively?

I tried to look the FAQ and search but couldnu2019t find any solution. Please help here.

Thanks for all your help.

Iqbal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to register the particular system to LMDB from SLD

goto SA38 and run the report SMSY_FETCH_SYSTEM_UPDATE

It ll ask for SID of the system to be register and type of the system.

with regards,

samarth