cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on Insufficient Information under Document's tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

IWhen I am looking into phase Information of Document Tab and clicking on "Insufficient Information" under "Reason" Column. I am facing the following error

"while trying to invoke the method java.lang.ref.Reference.get() of an object returned from com.sap.odp.doccommon.masterdata.ValueListValueBo.getJParentObjRef()".

I don't know why I am getting this , what I figured out there is Denial Reason in Value List Type under Master Data and it's description was empty , I did enter the description and tried it again.. but i am facing the same issue!..

Any idea on why its happening?..

(I am working on Sourcing 7.0 SP1)

Regards,

Uday

Edited by: UdayChand_Teli on Dec 2, 2011 12:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The hyperlink on the Insufficient Information is visible only when you goto Document --> Phase information in the non editable mode. If you go to that screen after clicking the Edit button on the MA / Contract document, you will see just a text for Insufficient Info with no hyperlink.

Having said that, upon the click of Insufficient Info, user is taken to the value list value page (which I feel for an end user is totally unnecessary).

For your issue, have you seen the values available and it is displaying as:

Display Name ID:Insufficient information

Display Name: Insufficient information

I am assuming the Inactive box will not be checked in your case. Have you pulled up the log file to see what error message it shows and maybe give some more clues?

Also it could be the Security profile for that user will not be allowing to access to view Master Data which is where Value List Value and type resides.

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram/All,

It's appearing as link in both the cases... i.e in editable and non editable mode!... I guess it appears as text in sourcing 5.0.. but in Sourcing 7.0 its appearing as a link..

Its navigating to value list value by standard!... I have just checked the url it is referring to..

Vikram , one thing I want to know is why the Insufficient Information has been introduced as Link over there!?..

Coming to log file there is nothing in the log file!.. As far as now, It's appearing as system bug to me! Might be I am wrong.. wud like to know from other sourcing 7.0 SP1 users over here!...

I have the required security profile added to the user to able to view the master data and all..

Regards,

Uday!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in that case it would be best to raise an OSS message with SAP!!

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram,

Raised OSS message.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (0)