Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning message in wdj

smruti_moharana
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In my current applications there are four searchfields like requestno,requesteddate,preparedby,department.by using this four fields iam serching the data from the list. when i am putting any one valid value it retrieve data , itis not retrive the dat afor any valid and invalid combination.my current requirement is that if i am searching with reqno and requestno is wrong then it should be provide some warning mesage.for any invalid value it should be throughing message.

please guide me to do that.

Thanks,

smruti moharana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Smruti,

Please use the validation before calling method for execting in database or list.

OR

Get the error message when you execute the mehtod that show in the iview.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

smruti_moharana
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Please guide me to do the same.

Thanks,

Smruti Ranjan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Smruti,

Please let us know the which database you are using..ABAP or Oracle

In ABAP case, check the what RFC is returing after extecuting then map content node in the component controller and iview to show the error message.

In non-sap database (oracle, sql etc), check the return type for the method after executing the query. set the return type to the content node or attribute and then show in the iview.

OR you can directly set like....If you can getting the value in the context node after clicking on search action......then check if there is no values in the context node then show the custom message.

if (wdContext.node<ABC>.size() > 0)
{   
         // then show the actual value from database and set to the context
}
else
{
           //set the error messge
}

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal