Did you mean: 

Easy DMS while creating document i am getting below error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Easy DMS while creating document i am getting below error

"Classification data can only be maintained using change number"

Also i can see below options are not available when u right click on document

Subscribe document,Un-suscribe,Log (who has open the document)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

"Classification data can only be maintained using change number"

You can call engineering change management from the classification menu via the function: Environment -> Engin. change mgmt. Before you can make a change using engineering change management, you must create a change master record. The change master record contains a valid-from date. If the change master record is to be used for classification, you must select the object type Classification . The change master record is identified using a unique change number, which you then enter in the corresponding field in the classification function.

Via the function: Environment -> Change overview on the value assignment screen, you can see how the classification data has changed.

You can only use the functions of engineering change management for classification if you activated engineering change management for the class type in the IMG for Classification . You can either define this setting directly when you create a class type, or you can maintain it later via the step Maintain class type. As soon as you make a change using engineering change management, this setting cannot be cancelled.

Hope this information is useful.

Request you to raise only single query per post inorder to get appropriate resonse.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks