cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Status Switches and transport import errors

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having a bit of drama with the import of transports (using ChaRM). Mainly because we're on a 4 tier system (Dev>QAS>PPD>PROD).

I've got another thread open but this is a slightly different issue so thought I'd start a new thread.

Basically I thought I might be able to use the "Project Status Switches" to work around some of the issues we've been happening. So I went into SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and went into this area.

From here, I enabled the import of transports for QAS and PreProd (not Production).

However, when the TMS job runs (not scheduling with the task list), to import into QAS, the following error occurs:

Description: You cannot import any requests for project X97_P00009 at the moment

Diagnosis: You are not currently allowed to make any imports for project X97_P00009 into client 120 of the SAP System X97. The project system switch is currently set to Requests cannot be imported.

However, the project switch for QAS is NOT set to Requests cannot be imported (only Production has this). When I change the switch for Prod (and allow the import to Production) the error no longer appears and the transport gets imported from Dev>QAS>Prod. This does not suit us as we want to control the import to Production via the task list.

Is this normal? How do we get around this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds very odd and not behaving like it should. A few things worth checking:

Is the project is pointing to the same piece list? SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN System Landscape>Change Requests>Show Project Status Switches. You can see the piece list at the top is it X97_P00009?

Another way of testing this but requires other authorisations is via STMS_IMPORT, in the QAS system import queue double click on X97_P00009 (doesn't matter which transport in the queue). You can maintain the Project Status Switch here also.

Paul

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Did you got any solution for this problem ,

I am getting the smilar issue.

I am running the job to import Transport of Copies. but ToC is not getting Imported . I run the job multiple times but no luck .

Thanks

Pramod

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul, yes it's very strange! We don't have CSOL activated.

We have had so many dramas with a 4 tier landscape...although we would really like 4 tiers we are going with 3 tiers instead (as this is the way ChaRM was intended).

I'll retest this job after we have changed to 3 tiers and see if it's still an issue.

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This maybe a little too late but just had another thought.

Have you deactivated the QA approval procedure on the satellite systems as it is not compatible with ChaRM. Taken from SAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/a544c6c57111d2b438006094b9ea64/content.htm

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bump

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I've done some further testing around this...and its working....sort of haha.

I have changed the switches so imports are only allowed for QAS and PreProd. As mentioned in my previous posts, we will be controlling the imports to Production via the task list.

The TMS job WILL pick up the transport and import to QAS and PreProd (which I originally didn't think it was)....however, it will ONLY do this if ALL released transports to QAS and PreProd have been migrated to Production.

If a transport has been migrated to QAS and PreProd (but not yet Production), the next transport that is created will not import to QAS. It will only import once the Production job has been run.

Again, this doesn't suit our requirements. This means in a weekly cycle only one transport can be migrated to Production haha!

Do you know any way around this Paul?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaun,

I'll be honest I'm a bit stumped as we haven't come across this issue on our system. Do you have CSOL (Cross system object lock) active? /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK - Set Objekt Lock Configuration, /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF - Configuration

I'm just guessing at this point, but it could be related to locked objects?

Paul

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul.

Yes the piece list is definitely the same.

Have performed some more testing this morning with no luck.

Only way to get this job to import into QAS is to turn on ALL the imports (including Production). However, we want to manage our imports to Production via the task list.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

MC for project is linked with service desk transaction which has status as per mentioned in the dolores blog...which is linked to task list and all the charms changes etc.

chk this blog series by dolores it will clear ur basic concepts also

Regards

Prakhar