cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on validating trips

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked through the basic configuration of TRIP and cannot see where I can

1) ensure dates entered are not too far in the future (i.e. limit which date range is valid) or

2) prevention of 2 cost assignements on one line (i.e. a cost centre and a WBS)

If anyone knows if there is a way to cofigure this through standard config I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks both of you for your prompt replies and I have given you points for your helpfulness

I guess the one issue that I have left is that the system does allow the assignment of a trip to a cost centre and WBS 'on entry' but it is only when it tries to post the trip that we get the error message 'Only one CO object allowed Cost Centre of WBS'.

I guess I am trying to have this validation or error to happen when the person creates the trip rather than waiting until the trip is posted. Does this makes sense?

But thank you Muhammad and NZWORLD.

I would be interested to know if there is a way to stop multiple cost assignments at data entry rather than posting

u2013 also where I can find RP_TRAVEL_COBL_1700 till RP_TRAVEL_COBL_1703

Many thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to SPRO,Finanancial accounting new, travel management, travel expenses , Dialog and Travel Expenses Control, Dialog Control, Set Up Variable Layout for Account Assignment Objects and select Account assignm. objects: Entire trip cost assignm. spec,

Click on WBS under your usergroup and give value 1 in invisible and all other's remaining zeros..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I hope that you can help me please... I need add the field COBL-BUDGET_PERIOD, is for FM module, when creating the sheet travel expenses I need to indicate the budget period , then I go to the path that you mention to create the new field , but I can not make it appear in the PR05... any idea please??

Is in the funtion module RP_TRAVEL_COBL_1700

Thanks in advance

regards

hiram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Muhammad ...great help!!

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. for checking date, no standard configuration (as far as I know) you could use user exit for date checking.

add enhancement in ABAP program for date entry checking.

enhancement FITR0003 -User exit: Save trip (PR01, PR04, PR05) with function module User exit: Save trip (PR01, PR04, PR05)

2. for cost assignment if there is no combination for cost center and WBS element, then it would be error by default.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding Point 2,

Please note that multiple cost assignment can be done , first of all , you need to activate Cost center and WBS in V_T588N in RP_TRAVEL_COBL_1700 till RP_TRAVEL_COBL_1703 .. then cost can be assigned to both Cost center and WBS.

Please do let me know if you still have any problem..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer