cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Documentation Assistant (SDA) comparison to existing Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been told that there is no 'how to doumentation' or 'automated method' to compare the results of the Solution Documentation Assistant (SDA) with an existing project in Solution Manager. We want to ensure that any programs and/or transactions identified in the SDA workload analysis results being analyzed that do not exist on our existing Business Process Hierarchy (BPH) are added and documented.

I manually performed the following steps to get this comparison of transactions and programs that were not already listed on our Solution Manager BPH Project. Unfortunately, I found that some of the 'undocumented transactions and programs' identified were actually in our Project BPH but were not marked 'in scope' in SOLAR01 so they did not show up in the SOLAR02 extract. I used SOLAR02 so I could get all cross-tab analysis results.

**Does anyone have a better idea on how to simplify the analysis of determining delta used transactions identified in the SDA report that are not already listed in your existing BPH? I had a suggestion to use the SDA report to create a new project and download/extract a report of that new project along with the existing project and compare the two. That approach actually ended up being much more time-consuming than creating the SDA spreadsheet from the 'All Analyzed' results extract and did not provide different end results. We have just upgraded to 7.1 and I was hoping there would be a 'comparison and optional adjustment' functionality between the SDA and Project BPH.

APPROACH USED:

execute /nSOLAR02

select from the menu Environment ==> Project Analysis ==> Assignments ==> Cross-Tab Analysis

under 'Template Selection' check the 'Display Completely' radio button

under 'Structure Attribute' Display Options select 'Display Immediately'

under Logical Component, place a check next to 'Display Logical Components'

under 'Tab Selection' place a check next to Documentation, Transactions, Configuration, Development

press <F8> ot click on the Execute icon

on Resulting Report, click on the Tabular View Icon

Press <F9> to download the report to a local file or click on the icon

Open the file with Excel 2007 or greater (due to size restrictions on lower releases) and save as .xlsx format file.

Add a column and add the row/line sequence numbers so you can always return to the original report format

Copy the 'object' column to the leftmost column in the spreadsheet and and use Replace command to remove any 'spaces'

Sort the object column in ascending order and perform data filter to remove 'blanks'. Copy resulting worksheet to a new worksheet in the same spreadsheet.

This new worksheet (I call it SOLAR02_Trans_Pgms_Subset) will be used for VLOOKUP command to compare with SDA output reports.

Review the worksheet to make sure there are no duplicate transactions or program names.

For SDA Report Output Report Download:

execute WDY_APPLICATION

In 'Analysis' group box, click on the recently run analysis to view the results

In 'Analysis Results' window, click on the 'Analysis Results Summary' tab and 'All Transactions and Reports' ==> Analyzed line item.

Click on the <Export> push button, save the data to a local PC file, and prepare the output data for VLOOKUP comparisons with the Project BPH download from SOLAR02. Desire is to create metrics and details showing all transactions in the SDA that are not in the Project BPH.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

have you checked the demo under

[ALM demos|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000724760&_OBJECT=011000358700000697542009E]

and more on here

[SDA |https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000711194&_OBJECT=011000358700000129362008E]

[Reverse Business Process Docmentation|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=00200797470000094563&_OBJECT=011000358700000283032011E]

Thanks,

Jansi