cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Check on Travel Requests and Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are implementing Travel Requests, Planning and Travel Expenses for our client, along with Funds Management.

I have a requirement to get a pre-budget check on the Travel Requests (Estimated Costs), budget check on Travel Planning like costs for Airline reservations, Rentals, hotels and also on the other Travel Expenses.

How do i approach this. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by: andy.red on Dec 1, 2011 9:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To integrate Travel Management with Funds Management, proceed as follows:

● Activate integration with Funds Management (see Integration with Travel Management).

● In Customizing for Travel Management, under Travel Expenses ® Master Data ® Travel Expense Types ® Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts, create an expense type with the following properties:

○ Short name: for example, Estimated Costs

○ Travel Expense Category: Other

○ Amounts are: Estimated Costs, No Reimbursement to Employee

When users specify estimated costs that are greater than zero in travel requests, the system creates a receipt for the estimated costs, which is forwarded as a commitment document to Funds Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Appreciate for your response.

Can you please provide the path for integration between Travel Management and Funds Management. I am not able to find this in the IMG Menu.

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know, the integration happen between expense wagetype - symbolic account - G/L account - commitment item. (for travel and fund management)

If you use the Travel Management component you can enter the trips in Travel Management with an FM account assignment and so integrate employee travel expenses in Funds Management.

here is the link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/f0/ca3fec260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm

hope it helps.

shinas_rh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same Issue in Travel and FM..

Estimated Cost is One Wage type...

At t he time of Travel request system commit budget from this Wage Type/GL.

But at the the time expenses booking, system triggers another GL from expenses Types...

The requirement is at the time of Travel Request, system should check the Budget based on Travel Activity and commit the same.

Could you help me on this

Regards

Shinas

shinas_rh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the same Issue in Travel and FM..

Estimated Cost is One Wage type...

At t he time of Travel request system commit budget from this Wage Type/GL.

But at the the time expenses booking, system triggers another GL from expenses Types...

The requirement is at the time of Travel Request, system should check the Budget based on Travel Activity and commit the same.

Could you help me on this

Regards

Shinas