cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor queues on Java Stack, for old or latent data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an outbound interface that delivers SOAP transactions from ECC to Partners via a SAP PI 7.11 SOAP Adapter. A partner system was down for several days, when they came back online I logged into the Message Monitor and re-transmitted all the transactions for that specific partner that was still in System-Error status. However, it only displayed the data for that day. As a result, data that was still stuck in our Queues for that interface for a date prior to the current data was continued to be held for the next several days. A few days later, when I changed the date field to be "This Month" I found that there was all the old data still queued in our system, marked u201CError statusu201D. The system does not natively tell you that there is data remaining on the Queues the way a normal JMS Queue listing would worku2026. It limits it to a specific day/time by default, which could result in lost transactions.

Does anyone know of or have a method to search for all queues on something like a daily basis to check for total queue counts, to help monitor and reveal issues for the SAP PI system. This is more a Java Stack issue.... any advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Mike Montone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You always have the option to define the "time frame" for which the data in the Queues have to fetched, which is what you have done by using the drop box.

In real-time, only in some rare cases this occurs , say , when the receiving partner is down/not reachable due to various reasons.

When it happens, it is just a matter to track down to the first message that threw up the error and re-process the messages.

If you are looking for some kind of statistical data, may be the MessagingSystem is the place to look in .

Regards

Krishna