cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in GoogleSearch WebServices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am employing the "Google Search" functionality in WDP. I am following the BestPractices pdf. I am getting a compilation error in the search view for the following line of code:

updateSearchIndex(1);

The error states: The method updateSearchIndex(int) is undefined for the type SearchView.

I have followed all the steps mentioned in the pdf. I am not able to figure out why I am getting this error. Can anyone help Plz..

Regds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PN,

You must write the code code for the method

updateSearchIndex(1);

as it is not given by the system.

create a methos by name updateSearchIndex(int pgIndx) with pgIndx as the integer parameter in the methods tab of search view and write the folloeing code in it:

wdContext.currentButtonBarElement().setPageIndex(pgIndx);

wdContext.currentRequest_GoogleSearchPort_doGoogleSearchElement().setStart((pageIndex -1) * 10);

You need to implement the code for displaying the HTML Result strings along with this then only u'll be able to get proper output.

Regds,

Anagha.

DONOT FORGET TO REWARD POINTS FOR USEFUL ANSWERS.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

When I click on SAP Notes search link it asks for a username and password. How to register for that. Is it free registration?

Regds,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just go to service.sap.com and select the link on the bottom called How to sign in, there you can find all the relevant information. Or choose the link New User/Register here under Questions regarding login.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

How to get the SAP note 722502?

Rgds,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to service.sap.com, then choose SAP support portal and SAP notes search where you can just type in the note number and voila, there it is.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to SAP Note 722502 and try implementing the correction instructions.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Srinivasan T