cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS_USAGE on Custom field don't keep value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I'm not expert on WD4a, i've this problem.

I've implemented an OVS search help on Custom Field, on SRM 7.0 Webdynpro (/SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_BD), everything work fine, but if i change the tab (Split to another web dynpro) and then come back to my WEB DYNPRO, the value on custom field are Blank.

Have some indication?

Thank you

Roberto

Edited by: Roberto Della Frera on Dec 1, 2011 6:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is that...your component is getting instantiated again. Every time you swictch the tabs, a new instance is getting created, where are all the data is lost Can you check this in debugging. How are you creating the component.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

thanks for your reply. I've supposed this, but in my tab, I've other custom fields, and they are correct mantained if i Change the tab.

One strange behaviour is this. If i select only my Custom Field (OVS selected) and I change the tab, don't keep the value, if i select my custom field (OVS selected) and some other field (Custom or standard), when i change the tab, all value are keeped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check one thig - In the OVS related methods, can you check for this property. Are you clearing the node anywhere.

Check in the IF_WD_OVS methods to have the value in place. Can you also check the OVS instance. Is that instantied again. where have you written the code..Try to instantiate it once, store it in the view's attributes as global and use that for further processing.

Edited by: Lekha on Dec 5, 2011 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED!!!!

Following this thread: