cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config and Documentation for Retrofit environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is using Retrofit landscapes for Implementation and Maintenance projects.

Implementation Landscape : Dev -> QA Impl ->Pre Production

Maintenance Landscape: Dev Maint -> QA Maint-> Prod

1) How and where can I setup SolMan Documentation and Configuration in this kind of environment? in Implementation or Maintenance Proj? We are using SolMan 7.1 and created two SolMan Projects, one for Impl and one for Maintenance.

2) Another challenge is in Implementation project when we complete Testing in QA Impl system, all transports need to bundle in one transport and send it to Dev Maint system. How can we achieve this bundling using ChaRM?

Any information regarding ChaRM, Process Configuration and execution, Documentation for this kind of environment will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Project documentation in my opinion should be assigned to the implementation project. All the documentation related to your productive solution, which means what is in production already, should be kept inside the solution in the Solution Directory. Once your project goes live (project transports sent from Impl landscape to production in the maintenance landscape and imp project finished), all the documentation should be included/updated in the solution as part of the cut-over. In case you don't keep your documentation and/or business processes updated in a Solution in Solution Directory, you can keep the Productive documentation on the maintenance project. This is my point of view. You need to have what is live updated somewhere in order to use other Solution Manager functionalities later.

2) How did you set up the implementation project landscape? Do you use your Development system of maintenance landscape as the productive system of the logical component related to the Impl Project, or did you create 2 separated logical components for each project, one for Impl only with your 3 implementation systems and another one with the 3 maintenance systems?

Regards,

Raquel