cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding custom webdynpro screen in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings to all helpful ABAP experts....

I have a requirement where I have to capture bank details of a vendor, in SRM.

The standard vendor creation screen is designed using floor plan manager and it has many wd components for different type of data like, address, name, contact details.

Now, I have created a custom wd screen/component with all the bank relevant fields. I want to embed this in the FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, along with those other standard wd components. I did the configuration of the FPM piece and when I try to test the application configuration, it gives me a null reference error.

I believe I followed all the steps required to embed the wdc into the FPM wdc, but it still gives me this error.

When I checked ST22, it errors out while looking for a component usage.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Also, how do I capture the data entered by the end user in the custom wd screen?

Please suggest.....thanks in advance!

- J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't give a lot to go on, but have you done the basic steps to include your view(s) as UIBB's in the FPM configuration? You should provide your (WDC) component name and the window name (note that the component configuration dialog asks for the "view" where you should really provide the window name - a bit confusing).

As for recapturing the values entered by the user, you would normally (within your specific WDC) interact with a business object. One common way of doing this is to store the interface of whichever business object you need to interact with, as an attribute of the assistance class. then, whenever you need to capture values or modify anything, you call the respective method of the object stored in the assistance class. This also separates the business logic from the WDC itself.

Regards,

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, Strond.

I have done the required configuration steps for embedding the wdc into the FPM wdc, but only to end up in that null reference error.

I will try to implement the data save logic with the assistance class concept. thanks for the info.

I'm still trying to resolve the null error.

- J

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NULL object reference error still persists.

I have done all the basic configuration steps required to embed the wdc into the FPM. Below is the dump error message that I'm receiving. Can someone please provide some insight?

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not

caught in

procedure "PREPARE_NAVIGATION" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING

clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

You attempted to use a 'NULL' object reference (points to 'nothing')

access a component.

An object reference must point to an object (an instance of a class)

before it can be used to access components.

Either the reference was never set or it was set to 'NULL' using the

CLEAR statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the null pointer problem exactly. Normally you would get this kind of error when you try to run a FPM application without supplying the application configuration id. Can you veryfy and you call this FPM applications and make sure that you pass configurationid correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Senthilvel.

When I debugged the application, I'm not getting any of the components that are being used in the application in an internal table that is being referred. The only component that is there is the FPM_IDR_COMPONENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked after we upgraded the kernel.

closing the thread....