cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with capacity check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Kindly request your help on the issue I am facing with the capacity check.

In warehouse (Non SU managed) we have two storage types AB0 & CD1. AB0 st.type has putaway strategy as F- fixed bin & capacity usage marked as 3 - Capacity check based on max qty of the bin for the st.type. It has mixed & addition stock marked as "X" (allowed). For st.type CD1 putaway strategy is "L - Next empty bin", capacity check as "4 - check check based based on material" , Addition of stock & mixed storage is marked as "X" (allowed).

Case 1 :- When I make GR for material ( material with fixed bin in material master & max capacity of 50 qty) with 100 qty the material 50 qty if filled in the fixed bin & the remaining qty goes to the next st.type as per the search strategy i.e CD1.

In case 1 we do not find any issue.

Case 2;- When a GR for 50 qty is made for a material (batch managed & fixed bin with max qty 50 qty) this qty will fillup in the respective fixed bin of 50 qty. Now if I make a 2nd GR of the same materail of 10 qty system should suggest me the bin in the next storage type as per the search strategy i.e CD1. But system gives a error message capacity of fixed bin exceeds system never suggests the bins in the st.type CD1.

Need your valuable inputs

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sharanu Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharanu,

For storage type AB0, please try to flag the "Act.capac." check box (V_T3010-AKTKA, it's next to the "Capacity check method" setup) in the storage type customizing.

Please have a try and feedback if this solves the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if materials belonging to different batches will be allowed to store in the same bin. Can you please try placing the material with the same batch number and see if it works? I do not have batch management in my current system that I am unable to test. Try using near bin strategy 'K' with another storage type by configuring how many bins the system should search if the fixed bin is full.

Thanks

Anandha