Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACL issue

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have activated the ACL switch by selecting ACL FLAG & Edit ACL check boxes in Tcode dcswitch but the authorization tab is not coming in DMS screens (CV01N, CV02N & CV03N). Can you please help me to solve it.

Regards

Harris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you have a look into below link for ACL configuration. Ensure that you have performed required steps

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/ControlDocumentBrowserandACL+customization

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Kori

The link provides the steps to get the option for turn on / off the ACL/browser switch. But in our system i can see these option in the Tcode dcswitch.

I selected (tick mark) the ACL FLAG & Edit ACL checkboxes in Tcode dcswitch but i can't see the Authorization tab in CV01N. This problem exist only in DEV client not in IDES.

If i don't select "Use ACM" check box in DC10 for the particular document type then the authorization tab is coming for that document type in IDES system. But in DEV client there is no field like "Use ACM" check box in DC10. Can you please clarify that 1. The ACL authorization tab will come only in IDES system?

2. The ACL authorization can be used only in SAP Easy Document Management System or we can use it for SAP GUI also?

3. Do we need to install anything (ex: PLM WebUI) to use the ACL authorization?

Regards

Harris.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Whats the ECC version you working on ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Kori

We are using ECC 7.2.

Regards

Harris

0 Kudos

Have you activated Enterprise Extension EA-PM via Transaction SFW5?

We used SAP PM in ECC5 for many years without it activated but I found that we could not use the Document Browser in ECC6 until we activated EA-PM. The Document Browser activation is also done in Transaction dcswitch.

Note that you cannot turn this extension off again after activation so should be tested in a Sandbox, i.e. a system that can easily be overwritten or restored from backup.

former_member1058298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

Thanks ...

We have activated Enterprise Extension EA-PM via Transaction SFW5 and now it is working.

Regards

Harris