cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connection from DBACOCKPIT problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have two SAP systems installed on the same Windows host (Win2008R2).

The both systems have Oracle databases (10g).

We are trying to setup a remote connection from DBACOCKPIT of one system to another one.

We have maintained the connections details in tnsnames.ora file and dbcon as well.

However we are receing the following error:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

When we checked in OS level (we connected as <sid>adm of the first system) we have the same error.

Kindly let us know how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you refer SAP note 443867 then it states that ora-12154 error occurs in remote oracle database connection because:

If you want to set up a connection from R/3 to a remote Oracle database, the table DBCON must be maintained accordingly (Note 339092). The entry CON_NAME (connection name) must contain the alias that is also in tnsnames.ora. If the alias differs, ORA-12154 occurs.

Please check.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, the problem was solved.

During troubleshooting I noted that also there is other location for tnsnames.ora listener.ora files - <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\oracle. I copied these files there and restarted LISTENER services for both systems.

Now I can see and monitor both systems from dbacockpit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1) The check at OS level means running the sqlplus with the following parameters:

sqlplus system/<password>@<SID>

And I get the same error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

I understand that I run this command under <sid>adm user which has another Oracle environment settings (source system). But I cannot change it because the source system may be lose own connection to its database.

2) I understand right that the alias which contains in tnsnames.ora is <SID>.WORLD? If it is true then i put it in CON_NAME (connection name) in DBCON.

Please help I am very confused.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alias name will be <SID>. So, please correct it and then check.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

> When we checked in OS level (we connected as <sid>adm of the first system) we have the same error.

What did you check at OS level ?

Thanks