cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production End Date and Distribution Start Date link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Need you help in understanding the SNP Heuristic result in the below scenario pleaes:

1. I have a distribution demand of Prod A at Loc A with Start date as: 11 Jan2012 End Date: 19 Jan 2012

2. Loc A is a manufacturing site so Planned order for Prod A suggested

3. However the end date for the Production Plan never meets 11 Jan 2012. Its normally after 11 jan 2012

I have tested many scenarios and everytime the prod plan end date is not linked to distribution demand start date. Can you please suggest is this because of weekly bucket and bucket offset.

Also please let me know how to control this behaviour of Heuristic if its possilbe, Please

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Reading your question, I am assuming that your planning book is in Weekly Buckets and that you are staying with the standard value for Bucket Offset of 0.5

When the Heuristic creates an order, it considers the quantity required within the Planning Bucket and then uses the Bucket Offset to determine where within the week to create the receipt at your manufacturing location. A value of 0.5 means that the receipt will be generated exactly halfway in the weekly bucket, starting on a Monday that will be 3 1/2 days later which is 12:00 midday on the Thursday. Given the week you are looking at, the end date for the receipt at manufacturing location will therefore be midday on Thursday 12th January.

So you have several options to control this behaviour depending on your business requirements. If you need to plan to a day then you have to look at creating a Data View that is in Days and not Weeks. Though this will depend on how far you need to plan out as to how performance intensive this would be.

Another option is to set the Bucket Offset nearer to 0 to allow the receipt to be created earlier in the week, again this would depend on how accurate you need to be in terms of receipts. This would assume the more "optimistic" approach that receipts at manufacturing location will be available earlier in the week.

Hope that helps

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ian for your detailed explanation and quick reply

I understood this now (point awarded )

-Thanks

-Rahul

Answers (0)