cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Validatoin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some implementation methodology for this interface.

PI will pick up files from an FTP and sends to SAP for processing via proxy.

The requirement is that if SAP failed to process the xml file for some reason, PI would need to make sure on next polling that sap had processed the previous file.

This interface is an exisiting interface which uses unix scripts at sap level to pick and process files from unix folder. We are trying to insert PI into the existing interface.

Please note that I have no flexibility in re-engineering the entire interface.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krisch,

"without re-engineering the entire interface" could be a litle difficult, because you want to add an "error management" wherease the interface was not develop for that...

As your goal is to know if SAP (ECC) has correctly treated the file, you should:

1. PI -> ECC: send the filename with your data. if Idoc, personally I like to use EDI_DC40-SNDLAD (check if length is ok for your need).

2. in ECC process, you have to returne back an ECC response. (2 possibilities):

2.1 if Idoc, you can use Ack (ALEAUD) from ECC to PI. In PI you should use IDX_NOALE program to treat this idoc not like a technical Ack but as a "simple" idoc. difficulty could be to return the source filename. I let you to search.

2.2 if idoc or proxy, in ECC, at the end of your treatment, you can call a proxy (exposed to PI) and send back your info (good or not good, plus the filename). do it only if not good!

3. in two previous cases, you have to develop an interface "ECC -> PI" in order to treat this returned info. As you have the source filename, in CCR of this new flow, you can use an OS command (unix script) to pick-up this file from 'Archive" directory and move it to "toBeProcessed" folder. ATTENTION: in step 1, sender CC, when you archive the source file, do not use "add timestamp", else in your script, you could an issue to retreive it. could have. see with your basis.

In this step 3, if you want you can also send an email to inform someone...

I did not talk about BPM as you have not to re-invent all. (and because I think is more efficient without BPM...)

Note: This solution does not work in two cases:

1. if your file had a bad structure => will be rejected by Adapter and cannot be process anyway.

2. if you error is in PI (mapping, queue) => file will be not retreated, but if you have a PI dump, it's certainly because something is wrong in the file, so no interest to process it, without to do a correction inside.

I hope this help.

regards.

Mickael