Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between MTS and MTO

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got a request like this:

A product can be produced thru MTO but sometimes this product can kept in stock. My client wants sell this product from stock as well as MTO. The problem is when I add this product to SO the system will run as MTO can not switch to sales from stock. How can I do switch between 2 processes? Thanks for your help

Best regards.

Nguyen Pham.

Edited by: Nguyen Pham on Dec 1, 2011 10:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly consider updating the item category determination to enable alternatives and depending on your client need either make mts or mto the default which can be changed manually.

Best regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply! I have done by create new item cate and change TOR as your suggestion.

Topic closed.

Thanks you all,

Nguyen Pham.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the below IMG Node:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Transfer of Requirements - Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction

Here you can assign Requirement Types (Order Requirement or Make to Order requirement) to combination of Item Category & MRP Type.

Now the MRP Type is proposed from Material Master & Item Category is taken from Transaction i.e. Sales Order.

Thus you can create two different Item Categories, keep one as Default & other as manually changeable (T-Code VOV4)

Also refer to F1 Help document of the above IMG Link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u have switch to the sechedule lines, base onthat mto and mts can deferensiate,

pl check sechudule lines , will defernce. go to vov4, and enter ur iteam categiry and mrp type,

u define two sechedul line , in material mrp views is important, and requirment tpe also check, it

so u define two sechudle lines, one mto, another one mts.