cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy (SCC8) required without customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to do a client export from our production system to our QAS system. However I do need to keep the customisation data on our QAS system as we have e-recruitment on the QAS system and we do NOT want this customisation overwritten with the PRD customisation. So My thoughts on this are:

1.On QAS Export the customisation using SCC8 and profile SAP_EXBC

2. Export our PRD client using SCC8 profile SAP_ALL and import into our QAS system

3. Import the customisation from step 1 above.

Any thoughts on this appreciated, basically we need to update application data on our QAS system for testing but because we have bespoke e-recruiting setting for QAS we cannot manually updated all the links if we were to just do a straight forward export and import from PRD using SAP_ALL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read this SAP Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy.

It contains details on different options and profiles used for client copy. It can give you correct picture on how to achieve your desired result.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vince,

Your plan looks good. Profile SAP_EXBC contains users data. I think you can issue SAP_EXPC which has only Customizing Including Cross-Client Customizing data.

It 's better to take offline backup before you perform client export in QAS. If anything went wrong, you can restore the system to original state.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar