cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS DCs not visible in NWDS imported from NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Friends

I performed the following steps

1.created track in CMS

2.added the software components

􀂃 SAP BUILD TOOL 7.00

􀂃 EP BUILD TOOL 7.00

􀂃 SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00

􀂃 SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00

􀂃 SAP PCUI GP 600

3.copied the following SCAs to the inbox folder of CMS

􀂃 SAPBUILDtXXX.SCA

􀂃 EPBUILDTXXX.SCA

􀂃 SAPJEEXXX.SCA

􀂃 SAPJTECHSXXX.SCA

􀂃 SAPPCUIGPXXX.SCA

SAPESSXXX.SCA

4.checked these SCAs in the transport studio

5.In NWDS imported the development configuration

However none of the DCs are visible in devlopment configuration perspective(Inactive DCs)

Only a container named "sap.com_SAP_ESS_1" is visible

nothing is visible under webdynpro perspetive also.

checked SCAs in the Landscape Confogurator under track data What I can see are the dependend DCs with blue symbol icons and only one green symbol icons.

Any additional steps to be followed.

did i do something wrong.?

Please advise.

Rafi Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rafi,

this usually means that your CMS content is out of sync with the SLD content.

In other words: if you check the SCs in the table on the bottom (on Track Data of Landscape Config) and then you compare it with the custom software you created in SLD and check its dependencies, most likely you'll experience that there is a difference.

To solve this press the "Sync SC Dependencies" button on the top. And select the "SCs out of sync with SLD" option.

Here you will see what is available in CMS and what is only in SLD or vica versa.

I'll guide you further but first please provide the results of your investigation, i.e. look for your custom SC (e.g. MYCOMP) in SLD and let me know its buildtime dependencies you can see in SLD. Then do the same in CMS and tell me where you can see the differences.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Friend

TankQ For giving an valuable notes

i am checked as u mentioned

To solve this press the "Sync SC Dependencies" button on the top. And select the "Sync SC Dependencies" option.

Here you will see what is available in CMS and what is only in SLD or vica versa.

i am done same in nwdi>cms> "Sync SC Dependencies"--> "Software components out of sync with SLD,

see what is available in CMS and what is only in SLD or vica versa.-->But here means in cms nothing is showing and nothing is not showing in SLD

But Showing all the sc's in >all software componentsnothing is not showing under Software components out of sync with SLD,

Tanks & Regards

Rafi Shaik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

all

Missing SAP_ESS Component under the Track.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

no, I think there is nothing else to be done in NWDI, apart from the points I mentioned above.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Friend

Checked SCAs in the Landscape Configurator under track data what I can see are the depended DCs within the state only one radio button is green and remaining two radio buttons are gray .

Can U please suggest me

Tanks & Regards

Rafi Shaik

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

one step is missing.

Consider after point 4 the following:

Go to the Development tab in the transport studio of CMS webui and import all the SCs you can see there.

Now restart your NWDS, log on again from there to the NWDI in order to make your previously imported development configuration visible and this time you'll see the DCs available for all those SCs you have imported to dev.

This is because if you don't import to the development buildspace, then NWDS cannot sync them as there is nowhere to sync from.

! Notice also that you'll be able to see the DCs in the perspective "Development Configuration" and there you see them in the inactive view (if it is about modifiable DCs, like ESS') and the DCs for all the dependent SCs will be displayed in the active view only. In the LocalDevelopment view you see only DCs for which you have created a Project (which are "created on" / "synced to" your local machine ). The same for the webdynpro perspective. So once the given DCs is visible in the Inactive View of the Development Configuration perspective, right click on it, "Create Project" and if this is a WD DC then it'll automatically bring you to the WD perspective, and again, since you have just created a project for it, it will display also in the WD perspective as well.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Friend

TankQ For u r Replay

Go to the Development tab in the transport studio of CMS webui and imported all the SC.and also i got the message imported

successfully.

i am doing same in Consolidation tab

Go to the Consolidation tab in the transport studio of CMS webui and imported all the SC. here also i got the message imported successfully.

Can You Please Tell me Any thing I am missing in NWDI.

Please Advise me

Tanks & Regards

Rafi Shaik