cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMANUP - Where to Find masterDVD at Extraction Phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're upgrading sol.man. 7.0 to 7.1. I've used Download manager to download all files. I unpacked all files. I generated SOLMANUP named upgrade directory. I downloaded and unpacked SPS03, Upgrade Export, Language , online files in following path

/usr/sap/XXX/EPS/IN/ ..... folder.

I'm using SOLMANUP to run the upgrade.

I'm still in the "Extraction phase", where I'm supposed to point out the directories for the upgrade. It complains for

"Enter at least the mount point containing "Upgrade master DVD" The requested Data Carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm using SOLMANUP to run the upgrade.

Did you download only packages using MOPZ? You also need the upgrade DVDs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you gentleman.

As from Guideline / Note 1426317, I didn't require to download all files from MOPZ. At Extraction phase again, I got following Error: SCOPE is corrupted. The requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the point you entered.

Now, I deleted existing directory and planned to start from resetting the upgrade directory. let me know .... If you have any solutions regarding this issue.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the upgrade guide:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Components

--> SAP Solution Manager

--> Release 7.1

--> 5 Upgrade

You need to generate an XML file for the upgrade using MOPZ.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As from SAPNOTE: 1462137, I found 2 DVDs for my platform that contains UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP and UM_USER_ENV for your DB.

I tired entering the DVD for DBINDEP as the first mount point and click Continue. Similarilry, tried with UM_USER_ENV for DB too. I used following path : /usr/sap/xxx/EPS/in/UM_USER_ENV.Again and again, I got same issue: The requested data carrier isnot mounted on any of the mount points you entered.

Edited by: Sulabh Bartaula on Dec 2, 2011 10:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did this ever get fixed? Even I am now getting the same "Scope is Corrupted" error. I have tried redownloading the file.

And this is how you fix it, if you have not already:

I am assuming you are on AIX Oracle as I am in this case:

Enter the media mount point 510XXXX_16 which is DBINDEPENDENT version of the DVD as mentioned in the note.

If you see that does not fix it, then without adding a new entry, add the _19 (Oracle specific) mount (edit the same line, do not create a new entry)

and this should fix it!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gentlemen, I am unable to Fix above issue. I am using Linux &MaxDB. I entered UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP

UM_USER_ENV for MAXDB and then kernel file, upgrade export and language file. Still, Again and again, I had same issued :: the requested data carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points I entered. How can I solve this issue?

Edited by: Sulabh Bartaula on Dec 6, 2011 10:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz enter one DVD at a time, start with the DBINDEP as one input, then press continue and go to the next screen and enter the DB-Dependent DVD and then press continue. Plz process one DVD at a time.

It should work.

Once you have tried entering one mount at time , plz post the response here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to Find Master DVD for Upgrading Solution Manger 7.0 to 7.1? Can you Please, sent me link to download MasterDVD

Edited by: Sulabh Bartaula on Dec 7, 2011 10:20 AM

Edited by: Sulabh Bartaula on Dec 7, 2011 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ladies && Gentlmen,

Issue was solved just forget to point Mount directories like

/usr/sap/xxx/SOLMANUP/ 51040869_16/NW_Kernel_7.20_Linux/DATA_UNITS

/usr/sap/xxx/SOLMANUP/ 51040869_17/NW_Kernel_7.20_Linux/DATA_UNITS