cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP: How to consider SNP Deployment demand (EG) into ATP check ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we have a location 1000 where we run GATP. This location serves customers directly (via normal SalesOrders) and serves other locations like a DC via STOs. Serving other location is done (in a nutshell) using SNP which creates SNP STOs and afterwards we run Deployment to push out avialable stock. We would like to consider the so called "SNP Deployment Requisitions" (EG - "Deployment: Release for stk transf. req") as demand which the GATP product availability check should take into account. By this we would like to make sure "serving other locations" from locaiton 1000 is accounted for while performing ATP check for the Sales Orders in location 1000.

Problem: ATP category EG has been added to the ATP customizing (check control in SPRO) - but these SNP Deployment Reqs do not have a "confirmed qty" looking into RRP3 / ATP tab - only a required qty. THis means these elements are not considered while doing an ATp check although the demand categorty is in scope of the ATP check. I checked the cumulation rules - we are using 3 (consider req qty during create, consider conf qty during chg) - but this doesn't help even with the other rules we have there.

I wonder if there is a way to tell the system to consider the ATP cat. EG as demand correctly - even without a confirmed qty. Or, does somebody known how to generate/make SNP deployment reqs "with conf qty" (I checkded SNP deployment heuristicsdocumentation and SAP help etc. - without any result).

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Are you transferring the deployment demand to R/3 and converting to STO? If they move to R/3 as STR and converted to STO, then they should be considered for availability check while remaining in STR/STO.

Thanks,

Prasun

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasun,

we are NOT transfering the Deployment STRs to R3. What we do is that we use the TLB in APO to convert Deployment STRs into STOs ... and they will be integrated to R3. This means in a situation where a Deployment STR exists they are only visible in APO ... but the GATP check has them too but is not considering such as demand to be accounted for.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Is your TLB Run not following the deployment run so that you do not face this issue once the cycle is complete?

Deployment generated requisitions are not confirmed as no ATP Check has taken place. You may also check whether you have configured "Product Availability Check -> Consider confirmed quantity of receipts" and scope of check configuration. Please also try an ATP simulation from APO side to check the result.

Thanks,

Prasun

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

we have a process where we run SNP planning and afterwards SNP Deployment. The users convert Deployment STRs manually using the TLB since PO creation involves some other process steps and therefore we cannot run TLB directly after deployment.

I'll check your proposal ("Product Availability Check -> Consider confirmed quantity of receipts"). Scope of check configuration is okay - it contains already ATP category EG and EG orders are visible in ATP tab (RRP3).

Regards

Thomas

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

the customizing "Product Availability Check -> Consider confirmed quantity of receipts" allows no addition of an ATP category - there is only 1 entry "BF" and you can switch between taking required or confirmed qty for this specific ATP category.

Regards

Thomas

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have not seen Distribution Demand (confirmed) being considered for GATP, but in theory it seems possible to consider it.

Can you check that EG is the right category that you should be using? You could go to your SNP Planning area. In Key figures tab, click on detail and look for Distribution Demand (Confirmed) Key figure under 9AMALO Planning Object Structure. Scroll to the right, and see which category is maintained under the "category" column. This is the category in which your results of Deployment would be written for Distribution Demand (confirmed).

Not sure if this would help, but could be relevant if your project team has customized SNP.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Did you solve your issue?

We have the EXACT same issue, but have not been able to find any solution.

Maybe you did?

best regards

Torsten

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Torsten,

meanwhile we have a solution to this .. or better said an approach: the trick is to get the EG orders "ATP-confirmed" in order to let GATP check consider these qty's as "allocated". Therefore we have setup a GATP-BOP run with EG orders only and confirm these orders after the SNP deployment run. Since SNP Deployment is nothing else than performing an ATP check (using ATD qty) these orders should be confirmed by the BOP run 1:1. Afterwards our EG orders where showing not only required but also confirmed qty in the product view //RRP3 and this will allow you to use SNP deployment qty in your GATP check like normal confirmed demands. If you use this approach and you use TLB check if you can still use TLB correctly since the GATP-BOP run on EG order might change the activitiy set in such orders .. we had this problem and applied notes 0001310043 + 0001310145 to overcome this topic.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Thanks a lot for you reply. I understand, and I think your workaround can be useful for us also Thanks.

But let me ask:

Did you adress this issue to SAP? I yes, what were their reply? Did they just say "it works as designed" ?

I think it's strange that there is this tecnically gap in the conecpt, when you use SNP deployment, TLB, and gATP.

best regards

Torsten

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Torsten,

I think the consideration of EG orders from SNP Deployment in GATP sounds a "natural requirement" in case your really coming to this level of integrating planning and sales confirmation in APO. I'm also somewhat surprised that an SNP PurchReq going thru a Deployment are not handled like "ATP confirmed" orders.

I have not addressed this since the response from SAP might be to use GATP-BOP which allows you to confirm these orders. I can only speculate that an EG order is just one side of a planning element in SNP (EG is the supply side / loc and the EF is the demand side / loc in SNP) and I could imagine some unwanted complexity if SAP would allow to let EG orders being "automatically" being ATP confirmed after an SNP Deployment run ... don't take this for granted .. it's a guess.

Finally I agree - I would love to have SNP Deployment creating ATp confirmed orders so that in GATP I can consider these qtys to be reserved for replenishment vs customer orders ..

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

May I ask how you were able to confirm deployment orders with BOP run, in our case even we have selected only the deployment orders, BOP results with no orders selected...

Comments much appreciated,

thanks,

E.N.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Elanie,

performing an GATP-BOP run on SNP Deployment PReqs does only require to setup a respective BOP "filter type" as follows: 

--> add ATP cat "EG" while maintaining the filter type in tcode S_AP9_75000212

--> use the filter type in your /SAPAPO/BOP run

Be sure that you select orders / run your BOP in the supplying location (where SNP deployment orders are of ATP cat = EG).

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

great thanks for the quick response, indeed I did exactly as described however I'm getting the message "No orders selected by the filter settings". I created a note to raise this to support team but I've been told that EG can not be confirmed as part of standard BOP and that I need to build a custom logic. Seeing that you've made it work, I was curious if I have missed anything but apperantly not...

I'll be digging further with our development team, but any further comment is welcome.

thank you!

Elanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elanie/Thomas,

We have similar issue where we are trying to confirm deployment demand in supplying location to reserve HUB demand over customer orders.

I tried the setting mentioned by Thomas but ended up getting the same error as Elania " No orders selected by filter setting"

"performing an GATP-BOP run on SNP Deployment PReqs does only require to setup a respective BOP "filter type" as follows:

--> add ATP cat "EG" while maintaining the filter type in tcode S_AP9_75000212

--> use the filter type in your /SAPAPO/BOP run

Be sure that you select orders / run your BOP in thesupplying location (where SNP deployment orders are of ATP cat = EG)."

Please let me know if you have any work around or solution for this .

Thank you,

Sai

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

I believe that SAP has somewhere within the last release/updates in SCM removed this way of including EG Orders into a BOP run and confim them. We have not been trying again after 2011 to use my earlier approach (running a "mini-BOP" only for EG Orders) since we ran into the problem that the scheduling dates between supplying and target location got lost performing a BOP confirmation on such EG orders. Example: Transp.Time in "unconfirmed" EG Order = 30 days --> after BOP run on such we had only 2 days ...it basically lost its scheduling dates). Therefore we stopped this in 2012.

Right now we plan to look at running TLB in the HUB location directly after SNP Deployment in order to secure this demand by creating the STOs and Deliveries on such. If you use extended scheduling in ERP MM for such STOs you should be able to consider them into your BOP run as "confirmed" qty lines.

I'm not aware that SAP has made an attempt to allow securing SNP Deployment demand in the supplying plant for usage of GATP in a way to really support inventory allocation between Customer Orders vs HUB demand (deployed SNP PReqs) in a DC loaction.

Regards

Thomas