Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range Jumping in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing one issue with my client.

I have seen a Table VBRK and billing number in the table which is not in the sequence.

Means if I have created an invoice with number 120003391, 120003392, 120003393 and then suddenly the next number I found 12000340173398. I am unable to understand what happened with remaining number like 120003394/95/96/97.

I have around 20 example with similar issue.

Even though I do not found any update termination for Invoice.

This is happen only in some of billing document type(for e g F2) not for all.

Could you please anyone help me on this.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are variety of reasons why number ranges can jump while creating billing documents

1. SNRO number range buffering for RV_BELEG improves performance as in a multi processor/server system, each processor is allocated with its own buffer ranges and the number assigned to a billing document depends on which process ran the invoice creation. This means that numbers are not actually skipped but different servers are executing invoice creation and in the long run all numbers will be reached. If you want invoice creation to be sequential to number range you need to switch off buffering in SNRO, but this also means performance will be impacted during billing due list processing jobs

2. Update terminations can occur during billing document creation, which will leave gaps in number ranges, where invoices can't be created. Execute Program "RFBNUM00N" or "RFBNUM00" in SE38 you will get those all document Nos which are skipped due to update terminations for last 50 days are so.

3. Gaps can also occur in number ranges because of incorrect customizations or user exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As in the earlier thread, check all the settings for the number range which is assigned to the billing document type. Make sure the same number range is not assigned to any other billing document types.

Check whther you have activated number range buffering or not? If it is activated you may need to de-activate it to prevent skipping the invoice numbers.

Check the below thread, it will be useful for you.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that the same no range might have assigned to some other Document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD AJIT

Check this below link you can find solution

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the above link.

Thank you,