cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write UDF code in HTTP to RFC scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing HTTP to RFC scenario where sender data will not be in XML format but will be in terms of URL parameters.

3rd party system is going to push data(in terms of URL parameters) on the URL link created by SAP PI.

So for mapping purpose, UDF is needed to map these four URL parameters pushed by 3rd party system.

So how to write an UDF code to access constants and return these URL parameters so that these can be mapped with RFC fields?

Also how to configure the same sender HTTP adapter?

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am doing HTTP to RFC scenario where sender data will not be in XML format but will be in terms of URL parameters.

> 3rd party system is going to push data(in terms of URL parameters) on the URL link created by SAP PI.

This won't work. HTTP adapter requests a valid HTTP content.

You can use additional URL parameters when you provide a payload,

but you cannot use only URL parameters without payload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks Sekhar & Stefan.

But if the 3rd party system wants to push data on our URL link created by SAP PI in URL parameters format(since they are not providing the XML data), then how to achieve this scenario? They are going to push data(values in URL parameters) in URL link provided by us and not going push through XML data.

How shall proceed? What else I shall insist for to the 3rd party system?

Thanks,

Amit Patil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But if the 3rd party system wants to push data on our URL link created by SAP PI in URL parameters format(since they are not providing the XML data), then how to achieve this scenario?

Do they just want to do this or are they not able to provide data differently?

You could create a servlet and a Java proxy. This is a lot of work. Better solve the issue in the sending system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the ideal possible way in this scenario to move ahead?

In case of Proxy to HTTP to scenario where (there is no XML data at the target end to map with) there are URL parameters to be passed, is the scenario I have achieved where in I used UDF code in the mapping & also configured the HTTP receiver adapter respectively with URL parameters.

Now its an reverse case na? What is the possible format of data that can be pushed on the SAP PI URL link in this case which I'll ask for to the 3rd party system and wich will be easy for mapping too?

Please suggest!

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any update on this issue?

Please suggest me something at the earliest.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

They need to send XML data to the PI Integration Engine URL as a payload.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think its not possible. Because the sender HTTP URL directly hits the PI Integration Engine URL. It will not allow other parameters.

You must send the payload with HTTP URL. Then it works.

Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot Sekhar. You are right.

3rd party system is going to push the payload with HTTP URL only onto our PI integration engine URL.

How to design and configure the same scenario? How to write an UDF code to access constants and return these URL parameters so that these can be mapped with RFC fields?

Since I'm doing this scenario for first time, please guide me starting from scratch.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use the payload data in the mapping , you dont need any UDF's. When the data send from HTTP application, It will call the mapping as part pipiline process. Its a normal scenario.

Regards,

Sekhar