Did you mean: 

Help on uploading the documents

flowers_candys
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Currently we have a project requirement where in:

=> we need to provide an option for uploading documents in SRM SUS portal

=> we do not want to go for third party content server (no budget for server license); so preferably SAP application server (ECC 6.0 and SRM 7.0 with SUS is currently installed)

Considering these two prime factors, what would be the best option to satisfy the requirement?

I have heard about R/3 DMS, Easy DMS and few other options as well...

But, I really do not know which one to consider or in which direction to go as I have never worked on such kinda requirement before..

I suppose both the above mentioned DMS options require some installation and thus some licensing would be involved..

Do we have any option given by standard SAP which is inbuilt and does not require any additional installation to help solve our purpose..?

Any help would be highly appreciated...!!!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best option would be to use SAP DMS. Integration between SAP Products will be easier for you and maintenance wise as well it will be easier.

SAP Portals have adapters available for SAP DMS for integration purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

flowers_candys
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for such a quick reply...!

As mentioned by you, the best option would be using SAP DMS..and you have also mentioned SAP Portals have adapters for integrating SAP DMS.

So does that mean:

=> SRM-SUS portal will also support the integration of SAP DMS without installing any additional add-on?

=> We would just require to do some configuration changes at SRM end so as to achieve this integration with SAP DMS?

If you have technical documents where you have already worked on this kinda scenario, please send it across.

Thanks again...

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

=> SRM-SUS portal will also support the integration of SAP DMS without installing any additional add-on?

You will need to install respective adapaters and perform some basic configuration for defining the repository. These adapters are supported on Portals running on NW platform.

=> We would just require to do some configuration changes at SRM end so as to achieve this integration with SAP DMS?

I am not sure about how much configuration will be required to perform the integration since I have not worked on SRM technology. But since I have integrated SAP DMS repository on SAP Enterprise Portal with KM , I can confidently comment that it can be done with SRM portal as well. May be some tweaking might be required for SRM integration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori