cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Goods Receipt Data in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM 4(Extended Classic Scenario). For all open Purchase Orders (PO's) in R/3 we will be getting goods receipt data from R/3 in an excel sheet.

Now how de we upload (create/post) the Goods Receipt data into SRM?

Are there any BAPI's or function modules that I can use in the program that I am developing to create/post goods receipt in SRM from the data in the excel sheet?

Thanks and Regards,

Mick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shanmuga_raj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the confirmation detail from EBP, provided the confirmation has done in EBP. If the user has done the GR in R/3, you have to use the RFC function module Read table or call table to get the confirmations from the backend. Hope this clears you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanmuga.

Please let me know the RFC names, as that would help a lot.

Regards,

Mick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

I am not sure to clearly understand your requirement.

If GR is done in R/3 ("we will be getting goods receipt data from R/3 in an excel sheet"), why do you want to upload GR in SRM ?

Why don't you create GR directly from SRM ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good question Yann.

This is my understanding. We are currently in the process of implementing SRM 4 (ECS). There are open PO's in R/3 that were created when the SRM system was not implemented. So to create all R/3 open PO's in SRM we have already written a program. Now we want to write a program to create confirmations (if GR has been done in R/3) in SRM for all open PO's in R/3.

I hope I have been able to clarify the requirement.

Thanks,

Mick

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Why don't you keep you R/3 PO in R/3 ?

With appropriate authorization (cnetral recipient role) in SRM, you can read these R/3 PO and create GR from SRM !

This way , you keep these open PO in R/3.

You don't replicate PO in SRM

You create GR in SRM which will trigger GR creation in R/3.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

to develop a program to upload XLS GR in SRM, you should use usual FM:

- BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE

- BBP_PD_CONF_UPDATE

- BBP_PD_CONF_SAVE

But before calling the BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE, you should prepare the data by assigning R/3 PO data with BBP_CF_ASSIGNMENT: this FM will retrieve R/3 data to propose the PO item quantities to be received.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe.

I am not sure I have understood why we need to use BBP_CF_ASSIGNMENT. Is it that it will give the item quantities that have already been confirmed? And what is the balance quantity to be received? But if that is the case how does it help us as the excel sheet will contain the quantity for which the confirmation has to be created in SRM.

Apart from the FM's that you mentioned (BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE, BBP_PD_CONF_UPDATE and BBP_PD_CONF_SAVE), I came across this bapi, BBP_BAPI_CONF_CREATE_IN. Will this not create the confirmations in SRM? Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mick