cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one i have recently joined as PI developer had actually iam from EDI background but now working on PI i had never built any interface but got complete idea how PI works and how to build a Interface. Today i have been assigned to build two interfaces give below

1) Customer Receipt Notice: In general, this requires taking CSV file from a local folder on our network and converting it to an XML file output (which will be transmitted to the customer using Std FTP)

2) Customer Delivery Notice: This will take a DESADV IDoc from SAP and convert it to XML file output (which will be transmitted to the customer using Std FTP)

I just want to know to which adapter should i go in this case. According to my knowledge the first one can be done using FILE to FILE scenario and second one needs Idoc to File scenario. I just want to know if iam right or wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrika,

Yes...you're right. Foirst one can be File(with content conversion) ot File. And second one can be Idoc to File.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka, Thanks for your help

I also want to confirm about using Std FTP, does it means selecting FTP as transport protocol in communication channels and give FTP connection parameters.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...select the transport protocol as FTP and give your Std FTP(is it Safety Thru Design STD FTP ?) parameters to pick/send the file from/to your Std FTP.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Priyanka,

Its my managers decision to go for FTP.

Answers (0)