cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of wdDoModifyView()

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Viewset and under that i have 2 views and both views default property is set to True. I have some cods under one of the view's wdDoModifyView() hook method but when the application start it does not execute that Method but when i take this Particular View out of the ViewSet this wdDoModifyView() works.

and i need to implement this view in the viewset, so please tell me what should i do?

regards

Yasir Noman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wdDoModifyView() is always executed when a view is displayed. Please check your view composition, navigation and window embedding.

Apart from that another question: What are you exactly doing in the wdDoModifyView()?

This method should only be used to change the view layout programmatically or to execute things like event parameter mapping that are not (yet) available in the IDE.

It should not be used to change property values of UI elements, which should be done by data binding and context changes.

Armin

0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

well I am working with TreeUI and in wdDoModifyView() i have to map the parameters. i embeded this view in viewset with another view.

and when i run the application this parameters mapping codes do not execute which are given under wdDoModifyView() i tried to debug and check weather wdDoModifyView work or not but it seems like it is not executing.

but same codes workd when i take this view out of the viewset and run.

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

this sounds like a bug. Can you please provide me with all information necessary to reproduce the problem? Preferably, create a CSN message. State your version numbers. If possible, mail me your project.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gudday,

I hav created webdynpro applicaion which displays education detils of a person.To do this i created function module to get data from database which i did it in wddoinit.Now i want to select one record

delete it or change it.for this i wrote code in wddomodify...its not executing.....can u pls suggest how can i resolve this issue....

Awaiting ur reply.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Such code does not belong into wdDoModifyView() but into action handlers.

Armin