cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're running soloman 7.1 and I don't see the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role defined in the ume? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While searching for SAP_J2EE_ADMIN, are you selecting the UME datasource as 'All datasources'?

This role should ideally be in the 001 client of the SolMan ABAP system. If the UME of SolMan Java is mapped to client 001, then this role should show up accordingly.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikishan

I still don't understand why the use of client 001 as a productive client is proposed in some SAP documentation (including solman)... I think the creation of a new client and configuration of corresponding UME parameter should be included as part of SOLMAN_SETUP.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes you are right, I think the 001 client exists on similar lines as 001 client exists in the default BI ABAP or a PI dual stack installation. In my opinion, this client comes, as SAP does not want the additional data pertaining to these usage types, become a part of the standard delivery in client 000. Hence for example, defualt Java users and roles get created in the client 001 only.

However, the option is still open to use a different client as per requirements. The drawback being, repetition of some of the configuration. For example, a client copy needs to be done from the 001 client so that the respective Java roles come through. And once this new client is setup, the wizard has to be run to configure the Java part to speak to this particual client on ABAP.

As creation of a new client, in my opinion involves some 'heavy' basis transactions, I am not sure if the wizard can handle them. Some time back at SAP Labs, I had a similar discussion, where in intensive Basis activities were planned to be included into an auto wizard. However, the developers then explaned the limitation/restrictions for including these activities into an auto wizard.

Perhaps the situation is different now, and if the demand from customers is more - then SAP might incorporate these activities too.

But I would really be betting against that one

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm selecting all data sources when searching.

I created a new client from a sap_all client copy from 001.

The role appear in abap but not java.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

SAP_ALL from 001?? mmhh. I don't know specific for 7.1, but for 7.01 is incorrect. Check SPRO documentation:

Copy Client

Use

SAP delivers a client with a standard configuration for the Solution Manager.

Client 000 is updated in Support Packages, so it is the source for client copy.

Client 001 contains users for the Java Stack, for communication between ABAP and Java, so client 001 must be the source client for users.

Also check this:

is the UME pointing to the correct client??

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In dual stack systems client copies are done from 001 to get the additional users defined.

UME is pointing to my new productive client 100.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Check this:

1630984 - Which Client Copy options to use for SAP Solution Manager to create a new Client ?

Use the following parameters:

Source: Client 000

Source User: Client 001

Target: Your new client

Profile : SAP_UCSV

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see

These won't appear under roles but groups -

If SAP J2EE engine using ABAP as UME datasource (the case of dual stack installation), ABAP roles are mapped to J2EE groups automatically, i.e. if you create a new role Zxxxx in ABAP (ume client), then you will get J2EE group automatically.

Within standard(fresh) installation, java security (administrator) roles are assigned to SAP_J2EE_ADMIN group, that's why when you get SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role assigned in ABAP ume client, can logon to the java stack with administation authorization.

Thanks,

Daniel