cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit memo cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User created a customer debit memo and she was then advised she did not need to proceed to an invoice for the customer as they did not have to be charged for the item.

I can see the debit memo appears in VF04-Billing due list.

What is the process to cancel this debit memo?

Eaagerly waiting answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I see you've once supported Shilpa with the question of the debit memo remaining in the status "open".

I've got here an interesting situation, may be you'd be so kind to give a piece of advice to me as well:

To cancel an invoice a standard Credit-Debit procedure was used.

The user cancelled the Debit note but forgot to add rejections to the Debit memo.

The Debit note was cancelled. And the Debit memo remained in the status "open" in the doc flow.

Trying to improve the situation, the user turned back to the Debit note and put the rejections to the item lines. The Debit memo status changed to "nothing" in the doc flow. What does this "nothing" mean?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

Your's is an interesting question! Further, you have explained it clearly too.

You would have to create a new thread. As the moderators here would eventually reject (delete) your post and all other posts from members (replying to you).

So better, you create a new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for considering it to be an interesting question! I will create a new discussion then

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see the debit memo appears in VF04-Billing due list

You say that it is appearing in VF04 -billing due list. Then it looks you want to cancel the credit memo request. If that is the case, the go to t.code VA02, enter the credit memo request number, then go to line item and enter reason for rejection and then save it. Then it will not appear in VF04.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

This debit memo had been created w.r.t a service order. The debit memo is now in status "open".

Reason for rejection is now set and does not appear in VF04.

cAN I DELETE THE DEBIT MEMO in VA02?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you put reason for rejection, the status will become completed and will not be open. If you still want to delete then in VA02, go to menu sales document ->delete.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I made a mistake when i typed in..

It appears in VF04 and the debit memo has status OPEN.

Will it still allow me to DELETE the debit memo in VA02?

I'm sorry to mislead you

But, the rason for rejection has been entered in Line item-Status....still, debit memo has status OPEN in document flow.

Edited by: SAP_USER01 on Nov 30, 2011 10:55 PM

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

please run t-code VF11, type billing date and your document (debit memo) number

and execute

good luck!