cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Configuring Single-System TMS in new install of SM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going through post install steps of new Solution Manager 7.1 system; SID is SMV

Follwed the instructions to set up the Transport Management System in Client 000. The consistency check returns all green checkmarks.

User TMSADM exists in client 000, Profiles TP_DOMAIN_SMV.PFL and TP_DOMAIN_SMV.BAK exist along with DEFAULT.CFG in usr\sap\trans\bin.

STMS config created RFC's TMSADM-SMV.DOMAIN_SMV and TMSSUP-SMV.DOMAIN_SMV, and they both pass the "Connection Test". ("@" replaced by "-" in this message so they don't look like E-Mail addresses)

Used SM59 to create an RFC for SMV that passes the "Connection Test"

However, using SOLMAN_SETUP, the step to "Check TMS Configuration" fails with message "No valid RFC destination exists for system SMV"

2 questions:

1. Does that matter?

2. How can I get a green light on this check?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David Uehlein,

I encounter this error too. First of all, delete all RFC generated and re-execute STMS in solman_setup.

Restart your solman if it still show status red. I believe after system restart, the status will turn to green.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas Chang,

Thank you for the tips. I spent several hours trying to do what you suggested, but it didn't help.

I tried every combination of deleting the RFC's TMSADMSMV.DOMAIN_SMV and TMSSUPSMV.DOMAIN_SMV, deleting the entire TMS (which also deletes the RFC's), restarting just SAP, restarting the whole server, etc.. I deleted the RFC for SMV itself and let SAP recreate it at the next system startup.

I also tried these things with and without a Virtual System partner for SMV, as described in the SAP help files.

I still always get the red light with the message "No valid RFC destination exists for SMV".

I guess I will have to ignore the message and go on.

Thank you again for your time and information.

Cheers,

David

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are your solman on SP03?

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I'm not sure. The only thing I know for sure is that it is 7.1

I attempted to do the update, and got to the screen where it would take me from ISS (initial) to SPS03, so I guess the answer is no, we're not on SP03.

I have not been able to accomplish the update because my version of SPAM is not quite up-to-date. I downloaded a later version of SPAM but it got put into my download basket as requiring approval. If I understand it correctly, Maintenance Optimizer is the tool I need to approve it, but that transaction isn't yet available in our system. So I'm trying to figure that out right now.

I haven't finished all of the Post Install activities yet, as you can see from this thread, and apparently those are necessary before updating to SPS03.

As you can see, I'm a rookie at basis, but I'm all there is here. My 10 years of SAP Development haven't prepared me for the dark side of SAP.

Thanks Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

Since I had to be on Client 000 to configure TMS, that's where I had been running SOLMAN_SETUP.

I ran it this time in Client 001 and got a green light. Wish I had seen that in the help files.

Thanks again for your time Nicholas.

Best regards,

Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a solman 7.1 sp04

However, using SOLMAN_SETUP from client 001, the step to "Check TMS Configuration" fails with message "No valid RFC destination exists for system SM1"

I unconfigured and configured TMS in client 000, restarted sap system

How can I get a green light on this check?

How to start a program or tz from solman_setup to check the status of TMS?