cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMP: NF-Metals functionality, update structural weights

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using NF-metals functionality to roll-up / update structural weights for all the own produced semi-finished / finished goods within one BOM, the calculation / roll-up of the structural weights works fine.

But the update in material master happens only for the finished good (the one you are entering in CK11N or select in the report /NFM/SUM_NE_KONSTRUKTIONSGEW) but not for all the semi-finished products + the finished product.

For me this is curios compared to marking/releasing of a plan cost estimate where all results from CK11N for semi-finished / finished products are marked / released when you enter the finished product in CK24 (and not only the reuslt for the finished product).

Does anybody now if thatu2019s a missing functionality or is the update working fine for all the products in another installation?

There are no SAPNET-notes regarding this case, note 1653969 (which I did not implement so far) does not sound helpful.

Best regards, Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats the answer I got from SAP development support:

Dear Christian,

Thanks for providing the attachment for the issue.

I took time to understand the system behaviour and had some

discussions with the experts to get their opinion.

However, I would like to say that this is a GAP/missing functionality

in NF solution.

As per my analysis, changing the present behaviour is risky.

Even the effort required to make it work is a bit high which would

require a lot of design change in the NF solution.

So, I would request you to check note 11.

I am sorry for not being able to help more since the scope of message

solving does not support this.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, xxx

0 Kudos

We are just going live with NF Metals this week after several months of blueprinting, configuring and testing. 

SAPs' response make sense to us.  We enter the origin group code for raw materials and the NF keys for purchased parts with metal content,  These all get rolled up to the end item in batch mode with the /NFM/SUM_NE_KONSTRUKTIONSGEW program, or individually with CK11N with the "Update structural weight" button is there is a need to do so.  The weight roll-up can be seen for each semi-finished product (assembly) with CK11N or CK13N, but we wouldn't want the rolled-up weights to be added to the semi-finished product because then we would not be able to easily distinguish an end item from a semi-finished product by looking at the weight roll-ups, and there would be the risk, probably as SAP indicates, that the real end item weight would include both purchased parts weights and assembly weights.

We are very happy with the NF Metals structural weight roll-ups which is allowing us to replace a 30-year-old legacy system used for metals weight calculations.

By the way, the OSS Note 1653969 was a lifesaver for us with using the /NFM/SUM_NE_KONSTRUKTIONSGEW program.  We were missing the metal content in purchased parts before the NOte was implemented.