cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to R/3 intermittent slowness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are calling an external web service in ECC6 via XI server.

Request for data:

ECC6 -> XI -> Web service (WSDL) -> XI -> ECC6

We are facing an intermittent problem where the transfer of data (return route) from XI -> ECC6 could be extremely slow (normally ~3 seconds but intermittently it could be anywhere between 1 minute to >10 minutes).

I have checked that in XI monitoring, the web service call and respond was almost immediate (1-2 seconds) in every single call so there is absolutely no problem with the web service respond time.

In fact, the values are already recorded in XI monitoring, and the log in XI shows that processing has been passed back to ECC6. However, in ECC6, it could take a long time to process.

I am unable to find any log to investigate further on this. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong, or how I can find the log to this performance issue?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I am unable to find any log to investigate further on this. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong, or how I can find the log to this performance issue?

Few cents:

Did you notice time that messages leaving PI and reaching ECC. If there is no delay in processing between webservice & PI and leaving pi and reaching ecc then you can nail down that some application logic that executes in R/3 takes that time. Pi acts as a message mediator here.

>However, in ECC6, it could take a long time to process.

Talk to abap developers and let them analyze their application logic that takes this time. In this case PI is not having any issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What adapter you are using between XI and ECC?

thanks...

Karna....