cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Step Picking without using Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to implement a 2-step picking process that does not require creating and processing by groups?

I have a process which is not exactly 2-step picking, but the functionality supports it - except for the requirement to create groups for the TRs.

For my process, I want a one to one relationship between the removal TO and the picking to destination TO.

The reason I need two TOs is because during confirmation of the removal TO, I need to identify a specific bin where the stock will reside before the second TO picks it from there. There will always be a one to one relationship between the two transfer orders.

Any good ideas for a solution? I'm open to other suggestions.

Regards,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I appreciate your efforts to make me understand the requirements. For this scenario, using 2 step picking will be the best approach. In order to use 2 step picking, you cannot avoid creating groups. It may look like a cumbersome process in the beginning but the business benefits are worth following this approach. If you want to avoid 2 step process, try a custom process where the TO quantities gets copied to an internal table when you load them on train allowing the train driver to confirm the TO lines wherever he drops them.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

Can you please elaborate more on your business requirement?

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business process is as follows:

Production orders generate requirements to provide materials to production supply areas. Upon production order release we create TR in warehouse.

Stock is picked from various locations in the warehouse to a "train station" where is it loaded onto a train.

The train is then driven around the manufacturing site on a specific route and inventory is dropped off at each PSA until the train is empty.

There are several different train routes.

The requirement is for a train driver to know exactly what is on the train and to have a program which shows him what TO items are loaded and then sort those items by route/PSA sort sequence to send him on his way.

There is always a one to one relationship between the pick from warehouse inventory and the requirement at the PSA.

I was hoping to use two transfer orders - one picking to a storage type that allows you to change the destination bin manually, where the destination bin = the train carriage, which would be confirmed when the train driver loads his items. The second TO would then be triggered automatically to take the inventory from the Train carriage to the PSA.

I was then going to build a custom scanning program which would look at all the items located in the bins relevant to the train in question and find the TOs, then queue these TOs according to the route PSA sort sequence.