cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimporting Target and Source structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently applied an OSS note (new field) and added a few fields to VBAK table and this is impacting an interface. I would like to get some help on reimporting the source and target structures. Following is the message I get in the processing log inside Message Mappings.

Target structure has no such path:

Greatly appreciate your help with this.

Thanks in advance,

Vish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get this error when an existing mapping is removed or exsting mapping didn't find the field in the mapping, in your case the target field or source field of the mapping might be removed with your note.

check what is the field missing and re map it with a new field.

hope this helps...

Karna.....

Edited by: Chirumamilla Sukarna on Nov 30, 2011 5:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Karna. I know the missing fields as these are the new one recently created in SAP. I would like to get some help on reimporting the source and the target structure itself into XI as I am new to XI.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, sorry I misunderstood your question then...

Open the Software component version in the ESR and go to IMported objects under the namespace.. right click on that and select import SAP objects you will be asked for the credentials and server details, by providing that you will see the list of idocs select the idoc and import it.

once done, open the Message mapping and drag and drop the IDoc in the source or target.

finally go to ABAP stack of PI and clear the idoc meta data in IDX2 , if you don't do this you will miss the new fields...

thanks...

Karna....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Karna. Just awarded the points:)

Also, how would I transport these into the quality environment? It did not ask me for a transport.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the Namespace and click on export, it will show you next steps, select whole Namespace to move, that way you wouldn't miss anything, or else you can select individual objects in the drop down and select the message mapping that you changed.

you need to export idoc structures too, right click on software component version and click export and go to individual objects in the drop down and select only the idocs that you want to move, or else you can move whole software component version so that there is no need to move namespace separately.

if you have CTS+ configured already it will create a TR, go to abap stack and type tcode SE09 and you will see a TR which is created. click on it and release the TR (there will be a truck fig on top of the screen after menu bar).

once released contact basis to import it or you can go to STMS and import it from there...

I am trying to post this since yesterday but it is not allowing me to

thanks.

Karna....

Answers (0)